Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Fass

1K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Ryan_m83 
#1 ·
I'm just wondering if for the 600$ the FASS system is really going to be worth it for the performance and gas milage increases as they say :$:. I see alot of people talking about fuel air separaters. Are they doing that much good?

#4 ·
i believe so, i'm still learning about everything, more should chime in here soon. i'm more of a 12v guy, but i'm gettin better at everything else.

#10 ·
You can piece together a better system than FASS for well less if you start looking around for hi-po electric lift pumps on eBay and pick up a couple filter heads from the local filtration shop.

But that isn't saying that the FASS isn't a damn good unit.

#11 ·
there worth it love mine

#13 ·
pump air free hi pressure fuel to your injector pump

#14 ·
I have the FASS HPFP and it is a great system I love it. Little noisy but can support a lot of power. All of the big brands of lift pumps, Wicked Diesels, Fass, airdog, walbro, are all good pumps!:thumbsup

#17 ·
The FASS is a great system, for 24 valves its great because they can keep up with big injectors, if your pump can't keep up then you won't have enough pressure in your injection pump (VP44) which will kill it. The 12v's have a P-pump which is mechanical and holds up a lot better. The FASS also relocates the fuel filter to the frame by the tank and has spin on filters.
The 53 block you can read about here, CumminsDatabase.com :: The Infamous 53 Block

#20 ·
My buddy just bought a 24V and the first thing I made him do is install a rack of guages and a FASS kit. THe stock fuel pumps on the 24V (1998.5-02) cannot pump enough fuel pressure to the VP-44 pump under WOT. Once this pressure dips below 3psi it can seriously damage this pump and a replacement is roughly around 2gs. Not only is it good to save this pump, but it will help out any mods you do from here on in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.