Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Diesel Emissions

2K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Canadian_Diesel1964 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Is there anyone else here that has to worry about diesel emissions? We've never had to worry bout it around here. Till now.

#3 ·
I'm betting that will apply to DPF equipped vehicles only, not our beloved 5.9L. I'm hoping for your sake!

G
#4 ·
I don't see whats BS about it. Its the typical handling of emissions programs across the nation. Older cars get exempted since there aren't as many on the road, new ones get stricter regs, now including the diesels.

Whats BS is the fact that the EPA has always been stupid about the emissions regs on diesles, causing us to not get the diesel powered versions of dozens of cars. THis means we've burned far more gasoline than need be, and not had the savings that could have been seen with diesle powered cars.

#5 ·
Good old PA,:rof Luzerne County No deisel emmision test. All cars need it though. I also have a 1977 corvette and because I have Antique Tags I do not need the inspection at all. Counties around us such as Wyoming does not need anything. Go Figure. I smile as I tote out the black smoke :peelout as someone who drives a new car off the lot needs to have their emision test done.
good Old PA....:lol3:
Mike b

#6 ·
I'm amazed that there aren't smog tests for Diesels in more parts of the country, and I mean real smog tests for Diesels where they check for fueling modifications, exhaust modifications, and do a real stomp test instead of the limp-wristed thing they do now.

How long do we get to blot out lanes of traffic without getting tagged for it? Seriously, it's amazing that the EPA didn't attack the Diesel performance craze 10 years ago when the first digital tuning boxes came out.

#7 ·
in our county, we have no emissions for diesel. Kinda nice. But, if we drive outside the county and create a puff of smoke, you get fined.

#8 ·
I have an 07 2500 and I have heard that these trucks have smog on them. Does anybody know if I can remove the catalytic converter and get better flow without screwing up the ultimate performance of the truck? I have heard that if you put a bigger intercooler on the truck, it won't smoke as much. Is this true?
albert

#11 ·
Keep the kitty.

Removing the cat won't gain you more than 2-4 rwhp according to a reputable Dodge tech who has tested it. Go with a less restrictive muffler and retain your warranty. Arnold's got emission testing coming up for us. Just get a AFE PG7 dropin w/PSM or Hope Depot sewer pipe setup on the bottom of your stock airbox. Install Smarty Revo and it'll wake up your truck. That's all I've done and the truck runs great w/minimal smoke. Five minute download and restoration to stock.

#9 ·
as of now Iowa has no emissions testing at all, im sure because of all the farming operations and tractors etc.

#12 ·
Well with a Smarty you can run SW#0 and pass emissions test all day long.

#18 ·
The thing is that I am not registered in California. I only live here five months out of the year.
I am a resident of Arizona.
Arnie can do whatever he wants.
I am probably going to go with the higher flow muffler.
Somebody said something about an Arrow muffler.
I think I want to put a high flow cat and a high flow muffler.
albert

#19 ·
When I brought my truck to Canada from PA, USA they did a diesel emissions test..the lady said it was visual...so I saw her look at my truck and I visualized her taking 35$ from me...thats all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.