Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Cant find fuel filter anyone got pics?

831 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Random Acts 
#1 ·
I took a quick glance and could not find the fuel filter in my truck. Call me insane but im not seeing anything. Can someone post a picture of its location and circle it in paintshop or something!

Thanks!

Steve

#2 ·
sry i dont have a picture, but on mine its on the drivers side next to the fuel rail, kinda back behind the intake manifold. its a internal filter so u have to remove the top cap.

look around there and you should be able to find it.

#3 ·
a big canister with a black plastic top (about 3in diameter, takes a wrench to loosen it with) I usually use a adjustable cresent... you've prolly looked right at it a hundred times and not noticed it.

and btw celica is correct on the location. good luck

#5 ·
This is a 12 valve diagram but for this the filter location is the same. In the picture it is labeled the fuel filter /water seperatror Diagram Auto part Line Electrical supply Parallel

Easy to get to just drain by pulling the yellow tab towards the drivers side. You will want a bucket under the truck then unscrew the bolt on top. Fill the bowl before bolting it back up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.