Cummins Diesel Forum banner

could pyro lie

797 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  AH64ID 
#1 ·
could my pyro be wrong? Bully dog triple dog w/lookout. Cold air intake,exhaust brake. On a 06 with 6
speed. 2500. How often does a pyro go wrong?

#4 ·
last few times my wife has pulled our trailer egt's have gotten higher than I would like to see. This time it was 1400 but last week they were 1600. I took prefilter off and also the cat. The trailer weighs about 12000 lbs. I know this truck could pull it easily. She also turned chip to stock. The sensor is located on the exhaust brake after turbo. Thanks for input.

#5 ·
Well 04.5+ can get to 1400*+ stock, especially when towing that much weight... but thats pre-turbo, post turbo would tell me that your at 1700*-2000* pre-turbo.... I don't think the BDTD drops EGT's like a Smarty, but they still shouldn't be that high... I would call BD and see if they can send you a new probe....

I would also think about moving the probe pre-turbo... better more accurate readings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.