Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Stacks

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Shilohsho 
#1 ·
I have done some research on getting stacks for my rig and i just wanted some of your guys' input before i spent all that money

what kind is the best?

5" or 6" stacks?

any other info you have will help thanks

#3 ·
I went with 5" on mine. When I saw the 10 foot section of 5" pipe it still looked huge. I thought about 6" but the 10 foot section of tube was double the price.

I'd check out some up close if you can to get an idea on what you like. Some guys like the 7", I think they are to much...amazing to see...got a lot of wow factor. If you plan on running a straight pipe, they are just loud, drone etc. Looks like you have a quad cab though so I think that will help.

they sound excellent either way, windows down taking off, you can hear the turbo better. The smoke lays right out in the middle of the road.......:w:

#11 ·
If you plan on running a straight pipe, they are just loud, drone etc. Looks like you have a quad cab though so I think that will help.

they sound excellent either way, windows down taking off, you can hear the turbo better. The smoke lays right out in the middle of the road.......:w:
Hmmm, the noise factor is the only thing, apart from the dent in my wallet, that is stopping me from getting some stacks atm. Personally I wouldn't mind it but I plan on doing some long trips through the mountains with the 5th wheel and I can't see the wife and kids putting up with it for that length of journey. Is there room left for a muffler underneath the truck, or is there some other clever trick for cutting down the decibels a little.

#6 ·
yea my friend has the 5 inch and they are cool but i like some of the 6 inch stacks alot better 7 is insane and i dont like the look of it

big b8 urs look good but like can u get em closer to the cab like ur are kinda tilted back

#7 ·
i would definately go no smaller than 6. I've had 5", 6", and 7" and thought that the 6" looked good but liked the 7" better. Just my opinion. I have pics of some 5" on a 2nd gen, and 7" on a 3rd gen in my gallery. I thought that the 5" were just too small.

#15 ·
i had two sets to chose from and they were a set of 5" and a set of 7"s. after holdin them up to the truck i decided on the 7s casue after seeing 7s you cant just run 5s. haha but it was a better deal to. i got one really nice set of 7" turn outs and a set of 7 miters for the price the guy was selling the set of 5" turnouts for. so now one week i can run miters and teh next week i can run miters.

#21 ·
I just put 6" Mitre cut stacks on mine. I order them from parleysdieselperformance.com and they are awesome. I went ahead though and bought the 5" downpipe and removed the cat so they are really loud but I ran them for a week with the cat still on and they actually weren't really that loud to the point where you couldn't stand them. The only time they got real loud with the cat on was when you would get on it pretty hard. Once you take the cat of they are loud all the time but i love them and am glad that I did it. They are well worth the money in my opinion. The ones I got were Grand Rock and they are really nice.

#22 ·
sweet thanks for the help guys but i wont be able to get stacks after all dad says no and he has part ownership sooooo
sucks

#23 ·
Go with 6" square cut, not mitre. And Make sure they are flush with the top of the cab!!

My $.02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.