Cummins Diesel Forum banner

loud TURBO!?!?

4K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  illflem 
#1 ·
just a little curious!

what manufacture, makes the loudest whistle:woot:

and i am looking for recemendations for best turbo overall!

streetability and best response!

in the 600 hp range

#3 ·
Not sure. But straight pipe and no air filter helps, high flow air filter, over sized air filter like of a piece of heavy equiment.

#13 ·
ok, are you the female in the picture or is that your woman or what?

#9 ·
My Aurora 5000 doesnt really whistle loud until around 55-60 lbs. of boost. anything under that its basically silent. I heard thru the grapevine that the Garrett Ball Bearing turbos create quite a whistle and are very responsive.

#14 ·
Don't know what kind of turbo they use now but Ford used to use Garrett. The old 7.3's straight piped were loud as hell.

#17 ·
i was looking for the same thing, like the powerjoke tailpipe wistle, what are they doing to get that sound?

#23 ·
My HTT is very loud!! I dont know if the stainless housings make a difference, but the wife hates the Jet airplane sound in the cab!! When she complains I just look at her and start laughing!! She says it so loud that she cannot sleep in the truck on a road trip.

#24 ·
Man i cant believe i forgot to say this but, my dad has an 06 and my brother has an 04 both identical 4 doors and they both put on K&N cold air intakes on and i tell u what... you can hear their turbo coming down the road before you hear their straight exhasut. Yes its that loud. Im trying to talk them into puting on some BHAF's and i heard once you do that, they really whistle BTW they are both stock

#26 ·
my auroara 3000 whistles pretty good at low rpm heavy load situations. she starts to whisle pretty good at 25lbs then at about 45lbs shes a singin! thats with a steel 4" pipe as the intake tube and a bhaf. but a buddy of mine has a 7.3l ferd and 6" exhaust from turbo back! holy crap does that whistle you can hear him on the highway like 300yds away and almost hurts your ears when he passes you

#28 ·
you could just run without an airfilter...my buddy is stupid enough to do it and you can hear his 6.7L way before you hear the truck and it does sound like a jet taking off in the cab and next to it as he floors it but long story short dont do it cuz he already dusted the motor at 6000 miles and motor was red flagged by the dealership

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.