Cummins Diesel Forum banner

This is a cummins forum...not duramax, powerstroke, hino, or any other engine

4K views 49 replies 35 participants last post by  zbollman 
#1 ·
So I have been quite amazed at the amount of people here on this site that put there gassers on or other brand trucks on here to try to sell or to look at. This is a huge pet peave of mine. This is a Straight Six Cummins powered truck site to help better the cummins community. You never see this on TDR do you? No. Infact you would probably get kicked off or laughed at untell you left with your tails between your legs. I understand that you duramax and powerstroke guys and gals go both ways with your V-8's but us cummins guys and girls are straight. What do the rest of you all think? I would like to know if this only bugs me.

#2 ·
I don't see a concern with people putting gas trucks on here for sale for the simple reason the body parts are the same. I put my V-8 on TDR and no problems yet and I have people asking for parts from it:thumbsup

#3 ·
some of the guys on here are fans of the cummins and are planning on doing a conversion or swapping trucks and i can understand when they post their old trucks in the classifieds because maybe someone would want a work truck or something..but its the people that get on here and talk about how much better their powerjokes and dura$#!ts are then the cummins..and they try to explain why all of our reasons for not driving the other diesels are :BS: when they have their own forums

but when its someone who comes here to learn about the cummins and isnt arrogant about brand lyalty then they are welcome in my opinion

#5 ·
I agree with that

#4 ·
I agree on the fact that for about three hours last night, guys ran a huge thread on their powerstroke diesels...i tried to put in my two cents, and got completely ignored. This is the Cummins Forum, not the A$$Holes forum.

#6 ·
Im new here guys too, I have a powerstroke, but i gotta admit as long as it shakes, all the trucks are fine with me, I got my Ford for a steal so i couldn't pass it up. Im wanting to get a cummins at the end of this summer so I figured I would come over here and catch up with you guys and gals. But I will agree with Hoofpower, I hate the powerstroke forums, the people on there are old and they are s i think. Cummins people are usually more laid back from the ones i know. So keep it up here guys!

#7 ·
Cummins forum is a large community with a diverse group of members. Any one is welcome here regardless of what they drive....as has been stated...many members here have DMax's or PS's and used to have a Cummins....some are looking for information because they're thinking of switching over to a Cummins,some are conversion trucks....
Anyone who follows the rules and has something to contribute to the forum is an asset to the site.
Any threads started to bait another member...diesel related or not is against forum rules.....

#8 ·
okay, I guess whoever wants to be part of this forum can, no matter what they drive, but I think it should be called whatever forum not cummins forum.

#10 ·
This is why Cummins forum is one of the best Cummins sites on the web. Each member can express their opinion as long as they do it within the forum rules without the fear of being kicked off the site.
I'm a fairly new mod,but have been here from the start , and the staff here do a great job of keeping the threads organized so members can find the information they need about the Cummins.:thumbsup

#11 ·
the folks on my chev forum are more than happy to help out the odd person with a prob regardless of make
...some folks have more than one vehicle and they always arent the same make...
l'd like to think folks here would help out someone in need......

#12 ·
I'm willing to help anyone just so long as they are respectful. Also, don't even get me started on DTR... Anyhow, The forums are based towards Cummins, but if someone has another truck for sale or someone has an odd question about another brand -- I enjoy that they come here because they trust the members here to help them and not ignore them because of the make, even though it is a Cummins Forums. I don't see a problem with it just so long as they are not being ignorant or causing issues.

Zach

#13 ·
Girls, you are ALL Pretty, now stop bickering!!!
Everyone take a deep breath for cryin' out loud... Don't even THINK about effing this board up just because you are intolerant. I have friends and family with inferior trucks (Not Dodge/Cummins) I might wanna ask those that own those "Other" trucks a question or two to help out mybackwardass friends and family (Except Dad, he knows what's up, and has a Dodge/Cummins. :thumbsup )

#14 ·
By the way, the ones coming here for help with non-cummins engines are turning to us before their own brand's forums, that should give you an idea how the diesel community views this forum and its members.

#18 ·
This is a Straight Six Cummins powered truck site to help better the cummins community. You never see this on TDR do you? No. Infact you would probably get kicked off or laughed at untell you left with your tails between your legs.

So you are saying that no one who buys the v8 cummins next year that will be in the 1500 trucks should be allowed here either?:coocoo

And you are right.. This is not TDR and that is why so many are here... IT IS NOT TDR!

#20 ·
V-8 Cummins? Whats your source?

#23 ·
That sure will be something, I heard of them puting a 4 cyl cummins in a minivan but maybe it will be a v-6 cummins. I can see my wife in that now with the kids with smoke stacks and a Juice with Attitude programer racing down the streets.

#24 ·
I own a powerstroke and a cummins...I love the frame the engine the tranny and the interior room of the dodge better...I like the interior build quality and how quiet the ford is...they both have pros and cons...I talk about both on both forums and no one really gets pissed...usually...I get made fun of for having both though...lol....I need to get a d-max now to add to the arsenal, lol

#27 ·
I completely agree, I have a powerstroke and I am on the powerstroke forum but I wanted to join cummins forum because I love the cummins engine as well and am hoping to do a swap in either my powerstroke or my other truck thats a gasser. I wanted to join to get some info on swaps and general info on cummins, not here to make waves or cause problems. I don't really see what the issue is.

#29 ·
I like the fact that I can come here for Cummins info. If somebody posts a question about their honda on here, well, maybe they own a cummins and figure since they are part of the community they might find a honda tech to help with an answer, perhaps all they can afford is a honda but are, as said before educating themselves on the 1st,2nd and 3rd gen dodges for a future purchase when they are able.

Before I bought my dodge I searched ford forums(was a big ford fan...not the diesel, just ford) and heard lots about the new 6 uh-ohs. So I wanted to reasearch, went with the best choice(Dodge-Cummins,other than the sucky vp44).

Not to attack anyone personally, but if it's such a bother why pay attention to it. I see things about duramax and powerstrokes on another site and I read the title and think, hmmm? This is a dodge site and move on. Or usually I'll go in to the thread and give the guy or gal a bit of friendly harassment just for fun. We know how it is, my uncle is in his 60's and has a 57' bird. He gets razzed by the vette guys all the time at the car shows. Would'nt own one of those plastic cars is the usual response.

So what, Dmax guys says I get better fuel mileage, more power, well maybe in their little world they do have a better engine(yeah right) but let them live it. Ain't no big deal and I could'nt care less who posts here, I know how to look the other way, ignore it....heck I worked at a gm dealer before, maybe my experience would help someone out and save them a few bucks, you never know.

#30 ·
i agree its not really that big of a deal, everyone has opinions its just how they express it that seems childish.... i respect everyone until i am personally disrespected then its on. regardless of brand they are all 40k plus trucks and you have a choice, pick what you like and enjoy it...

#31 ·
Lol! Yeah, I own a Cummins, my wife drives a Toyota, and the LAST thing I'm going to do is join a Toyota forum to ask one question! :T:

Hey, IPOLUTE, I got a couple of "Gassers" I wanna post up just to look at. Mind if I do it in your thread?

Ok. Well, I didn't hear you say "No", so here goes!

:lol3: :rof :T: :butt:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.