Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Finally Smokin

754 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  MCummings 
#1 ·
Just installed my BD PMT today and I must say that I'm very impressed. I complained before of no black smoke, well let me tell you now thats a problem of the past. The power is also very good and there's even a added low end power feature but I didn't turn on b/c it says not recommended for stock auto or manuel trans. The only thing I notice is that from a 35-40mph punch it seems to rev up to like 3300 for a sec or two before taking off, but slips none taking off foot to the floor from a dead stop. Is this normal for a stock auto trans. I've heard the dodge auto's shift and act a lot different than other trans.

#2 ·
Man all those replys really answered my question about my trans. You guys were lots of help... Whats the names to some other dodge cummins forums, maybe they could.....

#3 ·
:lol3: :lol3: give it a min jeazzzzz I would say your going to need to do something with your auto soon any slippage is bad dont matter when it happens..

#4 ·
the next thing is you have this under FINALLY SMOKIN IN THE GENERAL DIESEL DISCUSSION so ppl arnt looking at your thread because oh its another smoken diesel, when in all actuallity you need tranny help..

#5 ·
GetRdid thanks for replyin ur my new friend...:lol3:, appreciate the info. Any idea what the cost for someone to go through one of these trannys? If u looked though on my first post it was on the 26th which was like 6 days ago. Figured somebody would reply quicker than that..But like you said I should have maybe reworded post. thanks again

#6 · (Edited)
A torque converter and a valve body is a good upgrade. Ive heard the 48RE with a TC and VB can take 400-450hp, depending on your right foot. A full built trans is going to be expensive. :$:

#7 ·
Yah. reword.

I saw the post a few days ago, but didn't bother. I just thought, "oh, hooray, another guy chipped his truck". Especially with it being in the general diesel section...

Just put a torque converter, valvebody and billet flexplate and call it good.

Give Dave goerend a call... Goerend Transmission Incorporated

Your torrque converter cannot harness the extra HP and Torque you are now making, that's why it revs so high. It would rev higher but there is a "high load" rev limiter around 3,300. The no load limiter is at 3,500 but can spike over 3,700.

Merrick

#9 ·
Yah, you may want to think about the billet input, but, if you aren't going to boost launch it, or shift with a locked up torque converter, the 48's can get away without it.

If you plan on burnouts, and racing, then get a billet input shaft.

Merrick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.