Cummins Diesel Forum banner

fix head or buy one already assembled

617 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jakey's'01H.O. 
#1 ·
i blew the head gasket on my truck so now do i fix that head or just buy one to bolt on. i'm planning on putting on some twins so i want a good head that will flow to keep up with the twins also would like to install a cam to. not sure what twins to buy still looking. or where should i take my head to get it fixed and fixed right any suggestion would be great thanks

#2 ·
as far as blowing the gasket, that doesnt mean anything is wrong with the head, the gasket underneath let go. find a reputitable machine shop there in town, and have them check it for straightness. as far as flowing enough for twins, the stocker will do, you can always have someone grind new valve angles to flow more...coaltrain is right up your alley there in michigan...and having the super b special, why not just upgrade to the bd twins? 700+hp capable...do NOT forget to add some valve springs while youve got the head off -jake

#3 ·
yeh i probably could throw it on a machine here at work since i do work at a tool @ die shop and i also run cnc machines just finding the time to do it is difficult we are very busy right now

#5 ·
yes i second studs...12mm's will easily hold what ur looking to do...i pooped my gasket a month ago, and picked up a .020 over marine gasket and added springs...not just the torque on the fastener, but a stud with a nut on top versus the head bolt will hold more in itself...-jake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.