Cummins Diesel Forum banner

fuel pressure questions

664 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Tec 
#1 ·
is it possible to never drop below 10psi of fuel pressure and still be starving the engine for fuel.on all of my juice settings except for 0(stock)my engine stumbles and misses if you slowly roll on the throttle like when your passing passing someone for example.but if you just tromp the pedal or race somebody it does not do it.any ideas????????????

#3 ·
I'd check all your connections, sounds like something is loose. I have 0 problems with mine since day one. I've got a stock LP in my truck in Colorado at 5,500 feet ASL, I see around 10 psi at idle and 7-8 at WOT on level 4.

From what I understand, as long as you don't drop below 5 psi your not hurting the VP, Did you use any silicone on your VP wire Tap? Also check the MAP sensor connection and data plug.

#4 ·
ya i used silicone,i will re-check the connections the odd part is that it is just fine if its w.o.t. like when i pass someone and just roll on the throttle it will start to miss so i just floor it and it goes away and stays gone as long as its on the floor.

#5 ·
Your much more likely to starve for fuel at Wide open throttle, if your truck runs good like that and has that stumble under partial throttle then its not going to be a fuel starvation issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.