Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Air Vent Problem

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cool_boodro 
#1 ·
Have a '06 MegaCab 5.9L
Problem: When I turn the air on, doesn't matter hot or cold, the air is barely coming out of the vents. I put the selector switch in any position, either blowing in the cabin, on the floor, defrost, etc. and there is barely a trickle out the vents. I put the fan speed on max and same result - only a trickle. Sounds like it's blowing all the air into the dash but not out the vents.

Any ideas? :CRY:

#3 ·
i dont know squat about newer models, but my 02 had this, after i knocked a vacum line loose installing the edge, maybe it is a vacum problem that isnt channeling the air where it needs to go thru the proper vents

#4 ·
yup sounds like another blend door broke. its a very common problem issue!!

#6 ·
I would have it done under warranty. It should only take the stealer about a day....it would take you the better part of a weekend - at least from what I have heard.

If it was me, I would not want to rip out the whole dash to fix it myself, when Dodge can do it free....:thumbsup

#7 ·
Found the problem. It was the recirc door. Pulled the blower motor, reached up and one twist, out it came. Blowing a lot more air now that the door isn't in the way. Think I will bring it in and have it done while in warranty. Just now I don't have to rush to get it done.

Thanks to all for the input! :beer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.