Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Where to find 4" pipe

1K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  choupique108 
#1 ·
Im having the hardest time trying to find so 4" pipe to remove my cat and muffler. Every shop I have been to so far tells me they cant work with anything larger than 3" cause thats as big as their machines go. Does anyone in the north east side of Houston know of a place that has 4" pipe and can expand it for me? And does anyone know of a place online to order 4" or 5" mandrel U-bends from?

#3 ·
A straight, 8 foot long, piece of 4" pipe will span the length from the clamp in front of the cat to the clamp behind the muffler. No bends needed. I just need the raw pipe with one end expanded to slip fit and a 12" long piece with both ends expanded to connect the other end.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Im not going to buy a premade part when straight pipe will work just as good. Im gonna do stacks once I get all the parts gathered up so Im not gonna buy another exhaust system first.

#7 ·
I found a site..

..But my computer got sick and I have lost the bookmark. I am looking for it again right now. They had everything, different size bends, lengths, and sizes.

I know its not the best info but you can also google it, that is what I am doing.

:peelout

#8 ·
Hmm. I hadn't thought about just going to an auto parts store. I will check out NAPA this afternoon and see.

I know what you mean about the computer man.

#9 ·
Gus at Farmboysdiesel will sell you just those pipes if you need them.. I would just buy a 5" kit and ride.. but if money is an issue.. give Gus a call..

#12 ·
farmboydiesel...

...will sell you the whole 5" exhaust and maybe the strainght sticks but will not sell the tail pipe and over the axle bends. I asked him and he told me he only sells the kits.

Still looking for the web site

#13 · (Edited)
..McLarenross, found one...

..not sure if this is the site that I had bookmarked, but they seem to have what you need at a good price, but I didn't look at shipping costs.

Straight Tubing

#17 · (Edited)
CTDFan5.9..

..Hey bro, its there, its under the :peelout "straight tubing"

:w:

#18 ·
Try Dynaflex Chrome Muffler Stacks | Chrome Stacks | Rubber Intake Elbows | Donaldson Mufflers for components. If you've got some fab skills you can buy the pieces and make your own kit.
I had Pinnacle Power (Jardines) in Wyoming bend me a muffler delete for factory muffler. They were cheaper than RPM Outlet and Genos. No clamps or hangers but the pipe was perfect. And I wasn't a number. I was Mr. Lewis when I ordered and when I called to get the tracking number for shipping. Good folks.
MDL

#20 ·
i went to my nearest republic diesel shop (they work on various big rigs) and they sold me a 4inch pipe cut to my specs with all the clamps and stuff for like 40 bucks. keep callin or goin around to your local big rig shops, they will have it for sure.

#21 ·
I found some guys. I did just keep calling exhaust shops till I found one that had a stick in stock and I just welded it in place. Im very happy with the way it turned out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.