Cummins Diesel Forum banner

$4.39 diesel

3K views 46 replies 36 participants last post by  Oldschoolrides 
#1 ·
I passed by my usual gas station and noticed that diesel went up .10 cents in one night! :thud:The prediction is another .30 cents by Memorial day! I guess the day is coming when I will call the bank and say come get the truck because I can't make payments and by fuel. :CRY: The sad thing is the lack of leadership in our country from either party. It's time for the average Ameican to get angry!:kill:

#2 ·
isnt that the truth, what you need to do along with everyone who owns any type of diesel is build their own biodiesel processor. This will eventually cripple the oil companies and lower the gas prices. At that point what I think will happen is biodiesel will be the next "moonshine".

#3 ·
Just got to be careful with the mixtures. A friend of mine and myself made about four batches of bio and decided to stop. We couldn't get the mixture right and kept clogging up filters and he even had an injector or two get clogged! The system we used didn't involve any type of "cooking" or heat. Figured we didn't wanna blow up his neighborhood! :lol3:

#5 · (Edited)
I feel your pain and it hurts my pocket too.

What do you think that either party can do to reduce the price of fuel? I am not in love with the current state of American politcs and government (or the near term future prospects for that matter), but it is the world fuel market driving fuel prices, not the US government. I think that expecting that the government can "fix" it is unrealistic.

#7 ·
I feel your pain and it hurts my pocket too.

What do you think that either party can do to reduce the price of fuel? I am not in love with the current state of American politcs and government (or the near pterm future prospects for that matter), but it is the world fuel market driving fuel prices, not the US government. I think that expecting that the government can "fix" it is unrealistic.

what the government can do is regulate fuel prices to give them a maximum price so it does not destroy the economy

#6 ·
yea im filling up in PA and it is 4.49 last time i got it :( :(

#9 ·
Fuel Prices

Funny thing is, I heard on the news the other day that Diesel in Mexico is like $2 per gallon. There was a trucking company in Texas I think, near the border, that was driving down to fill up there trucks in Mexico in order to stay in business.

It totally does not make sense to me why fuel in Mexico cost half what it does here?? Aren't the fuel companies making enough money. The Govt should be regulating this or better yet, take it over if they can be fair with their prices and stop ripping us off.

#11 ·
I drive for a living not truck but have to drive in my work and it sucks. Price of fuel goes up but I don't get anymore pay for that. Something has to be done. I don't care what just something. The economy will stay down until something good happens. people can't live like this. I don't care if it is a dem. repub. or other in office the economy is going to be bad and get worst until something is done about fuel cost. Bottom line.

#12 ·
A Couple Of Guys At Work Have Been Blending Their Own Diesel For About A Year Now.they Have Older Model Trucks .they Say Their Fuel Is Cleaner And Runs With More Power Than Regular Diesel.you Should Always Change Your Filters Before Running Bio,and Change Them Often For A While Because It Cleans The Crud Off Of The Walls Of Your Fuel Lines Left From The Regular Stuff.has Anyone Tried Bio In The New 6.7 Liter Yet?

#14 ·
alot of people are goin out of business around here because of the price. we have a lumber co. and were not hurtin to bad but the loggers are using so much fuel they have to sell out. it terrible. wen fuel and everything else go's up pay needs to go up to match

#16 ·
My question is this... The oil producers sell the oil, and the refineries buy the oil. What the H!!! are the speculators doing in the middle (besides lining their pockets). Get rid of the middle man and prices would tumble. By the way, Mexico has a government owned oil company that drills, refines, and sells the product which is my point.

#17 ·
Watched a deal on the news a few weeks back where Washington had pulled all the major oil companies in for a talk. The panel was asking about oil and prices and fuel and such. When the panel questioned the substantial profit the companies reported last year they all agreed it was true. When asked if they had any plans to reduce profit to offset the current fuel costs, they all looked like deer caught in the headlights!

They've got us by the proverbial "short and curlys". Fuel is one of the items traded on the futures market that is truly a necessity, gas or diesel. And of course foods. Saw on TV this morning where rice is in short supply and alot of rice "rationing" is going on.

#19 ·
I was checking out fortune 500 companies the other day and on the top 10 list I think it was 4 or 5 were oil companies.

So my questions is, If these companies are making billions and billions of dollars, why isnt there a way to cut the overall price? Or have the gov't lessen what they are adding on in tax. Well because it will hurt the Gov't overalls pocket book, We are letting a group of jackasses run our country to the ground.

Granted I built a biodiesel process so im not paying that BS 4.50+ per gallon but at the same time my methanol prices are shooting up!

I dont understand how an average american is supposed to pay rent/mortgage, gas and buy food? Its ridiculios. Not to mention if hillary gets into office and they pass that health care BS plan.

The next 4 years are going to be interesting as hell in my book.....Good luck eveyone!

#20 ·
Varying Prices

I have three stations within as many miles: Horizon $4.19, Shell $4.39 and BP$4.09. Go figure! It is the rape of the American public!
A long time ago, I was told that there are five people that run this country and the President is not one of them. The Union, Oil, Insurance, and Auto leaders are four of them. Never knew who the fifth was. Today I would guess Wal-Mart.

#27 ·
Mexico Diesel is fine, as long as you get it at the gas station, and not on the side of the road in a gas can. I travel to Mexico 3-5 times a year, never had a problem with my truck. It costs me $75 to fill up in Mexico, and $130 in Southern CA. Mexico diesel is not the ultra low sulfur diesel, it has less additives than US diesel. 6.7 cummins beware

Gonna have to try that Mexico diesel. Should be the same right? Is their fuel low sulfur too?

#23 ·
I am by nature not a "regulation by Washington" guy but I do agree that the oil companies are making record profits and their desire for maintaining industry specific tax breaks is absurd and insulting. Congress should get the backbone--and neither party has it--to tell the oil companies to get real with pricing AND to tell the environmentalists to give us 5 years to catch up to their suggestions and ideas (like DPFs and EGR and USLD and and and)...and let our economy fully recover. If I were not renting my house due to a horrible real estate market in my city, I have a processing/mixing station in my garage and be playing around with it. Heading into summer, at least 80% of the US is warm enough to (from what I read) use the WVO and SVO systems with relative ease. I bet within 12 months we have three times as many systems on the market for those alternatives, and that they will all work better than the ones today--it's just natural business innovation at work. Some days I wish I had a chemical engineering degree because I sure know what I would be working on--the best processing/mixing/blending system to combine dino and whatever the best alternative is that I could find. Maybe I should look for some friends here in Central Indiana who would like to try some things out....

#25 ·
4.79 here in CA

:CRY:

#26 ·
$4.39 is low where I live! My friends family has a house in Baja, pops just got back and told me it was $2.18!
I honestly think its someone in the oil industry lining their pockets, cause they know we will have to pay the prices, but they dont care that people are losing their businesses, or that the price of food is skyrocketing because it costs more to transport goods, and its hurting everybody in America but those few who are getting rich and laughing at us!

#28 ·
As with all cycles there will be a down turn someday. I only hope that when this bubble burst that all the greedy slobs will lose their:butt:.The old saying still holds true today, "the love of money is the root of evil". I am not against anyone making a profit. However I do think it is wrong to gouge people for greedy lust. By the way, I heard Hillary Rodham Clinton say that if she becomes president that this country will cut back 2/3 of our oil imports. Interesting, what does she propose to replace the oil with?:lol3:

#29 ·
Well the companies selling gas and diesel to consumers make only a few cents per gallon. The oil companies make about 10% profit. The government makes the most for every 1.00$ the oil company makes the government make around 2.40$. They tax every time the stuff changes hands from the oil company drilling, piping, refiner, shipper, and consumer.

#31 ·
I think the same damn thing, The reason that Diesel is more expensive than gas is because oil compaines now price gas on how hot it burns or the BTU. Diesel obviously burns at a higher temp than regular gas so in there eyes they can sell it for more. ITS ALL BS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.