Cummins Diesel Forum banner

One Stack or Two?

4K views 47 replies 28 participants last post by  CTD03 
#1 ·
Need some opinions here.
Devating on this issue for the fall. Leaning toward one but who can help me justify two.
I'm thinkin one 6 or 7 inch mitre located slight off center on pass side.

thanks

#3 ·
Personally, I think 2 looks like you're trying too hard to look like a Peterbilt and it looks silly. There's a Dodge Cummins 3500 running around my neighborhood with dual stacks that must be 7 or 8 inches in diameter and it just looks horrible.

I would do a moderate diameter single as inconspicuously as possible. Maybe satin black paint and only an inch or two over the cab. I like the function of a stack, but not the appearance so if you really like the looks of a stack(s) by all means ignore my opinion. I won't be offended! :)

Tommy

#4 ·
I would like to see some pics of single stack trucks. That gives me an idea also.

#6 ·
I like the thought of stacks but they have to be cut low. Roof line or below is my personal opinion.

#8 ·
One stack is tough looking.

#30 ·
This is sweet do exactly this but put another one oppisite this one.. 2 mitre cut 4 or 5" chrome close together (like the rear slider distance) cut just at the roof line looks bad a$$ :peelout

#19 ·
I personally dont like the single stack look but thats just my personal opinion I have dual 5" black turnouts on a red extd cab that you can just barely see over the cab and my buddy has dual 5" chrome turnouts cut the same way on a black extd cab but like I said I dont like the single look but thats my opion and you gotta do what you think woould look good not what we tell ya

#20 ·
I dont have stacks on my truck but I personally like 2, i am a symmetrical guy:thumbsup

#21 ·
Good input Gents,

I am thinking of when I do this. running the elbow for two but capping the elbow just to run one for now and then if I want to go to two of them , it wont be much hassle to run the second.

Does this make any sense?

#24 ·
I Like it! Does it resonate loud in the Cab? This is also a concern.

#25 ·
Not really.only really annoyin time is the 2000rpm range when the drone comes in,you get use to it after a while.I have no regrets to it.When ever i get another diesel.SINGLE BABY. I luve it evey one tells me one looks bad,and why i do it that way.All i say is just for that reason that everyone hates it.lol

#26 ·
SINGLE BABY. I luve it evey one tells me one looks bad,and why i do it that way.All i say is just for that reason that everyone hates it.lol
One cylinder bank on a straight 6. A single exhaust makes perfect sense to me! Dual exhaust, in most situations, is grossly overrated and done for visual purposes only.

Tommy

#27 ·
here are pictures of my single 5" that i just did. people seem to love it or hate it. but i love it and its my truck so who cares!!!

#29 ·
Duals , on stack makes it look like you were too cheap to buy the other one .But thats just my .02 :thumbsup

#31 ·

Or you could just go with a hood stack:thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.