Cummins Diesel Forum banner

painting door handles!

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  White05 
#1 ·
so i have been wanting to paint my door handles white to color match my truck but WOW prices are Crazy every body shop i go to wants close to $1000 dollers has anyone had theres done? please do post pics. and has anyone ever taken the handles off themselves if so how hard was it? i can save me alot of money buy taking them just the handles instead of the hole truck..

#2 ·
I would think you could order some already painted ones from the dealer or on ebay for cheaper than that and they would probably look better because they would be smooth.. JMO

#3 ·
thats rediculous you can buy ones from lmc truck well atleast for second gens that are smooth and ready for paint for a pretty decent price

#5 ·
i did mine and it was easy with basic knowledge of painting,i just used 120 grit sand paper and sanded all of the texture out,spray adhesion promoter,primer ,wet sand with600 grit then spray your base, let that dry for about thirty min. and then spray ur clear. all in all i had about $110.oo bucks in it for all four of my doors

#7 ·
no sure dont i can try to get a camera to take pics they look good about to do my mirrors bumpers and fog light bezels, no chrome wat so ever

#8 ·
yea i definently want them taken off and done right im shure yours came out great but i couldent see myself doing it. im just thinking ill take them off myfelf and just take them to one of the local shops and have them prep n paint them for me the most expensive part was the labor of breaking down all the handles off the truck and putting them back on.. and LMC does not have some already smooth handles ready for paint nor does the dealer..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.