Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Tow Mirrors: Up or Down?

20K views 75 replies 46 participants last post by  Rocking B Ranch 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Just got a set of tow mirrors for my 01. I think they look good folded up even driving around empty on the 2nd and 3rd gens. Seems like most of the pics Ive seen of different rigs, about half leave them down and the others have them up. I know its mostly personal preference, but I was bored tonite and was wondering what everyone else thought..:w:

#5 ·
Depends on my mood. I usually keep them down but sometimes fold them out just for the hell of it.

#7 ·
It's all personal preferance. Down when not towing. Even on the duallys I think it looks hideous when they are flipped up when not towing.

#49 ·
Down unless you pull everyday.My wife even leaves hers down when pullin.She said it makes her truck look hideous.:peelout

#36 ·
I'll second that!!
AMEN Awenthol,

POSERS!

#10 ·
That's it, I'm a puttin' my mirrors up all of the time! And I ain't no poser! I'm just a duelly that couldn't afford the other two tires! :T:

Reactions: Darkster
#11 ·
keep em up. thats just how i roll. plus i can see alot more, especially in a bigger truck

#13 ·
poser my a**, If they would ever make mirrors that actually work god helps us. When the are down I might as well have a couple of toasters duck taped to the side of the door. If anyone knows where one may find a mirror replacement that would eliminate the fish eye let me know those things worthless.

#15 ·
Ha! You must own some Ricer or little Girls Car that doesn't have a blind spot. Grow a couple and drive a Big enough truck, learn how not to drive like (most) women, And you'll begin to like them. :butt:

#14 ·
I like mine better up, but im sick of little ba$tards folding down when they walk by. And by the way...if you have a dually, the fish eyes work perfect for checkin for rocks between the dualls.

#20 ·
wal-mart provides sufficient paintball equipment to thoroughly devestate those punk kids that are desecrating your cummins! :lol3:

#27 ·
5'11".........

#26 ·
I personally think the tow mirrors are great on our Dodge's. I have no issues with blind spots when they are down. I can't see as much with them flipped up for every day driving. If I want to be totally sure I am not going to run a rice rocket off the road I turn my head and take a look like I was taught to do 22 years ago in drivers ed.

#29 ·
I keep mine down I like the looks of them up so much better but if you are passing ppl on country roads all the time and have gotten lucky and smacked a few other mirrors and luckily never (knock on wood) broken your mirror you keep em folded down unless your towing... I LOVE the looks of em UP but I dont wana have to buy a new mirror just for looks

#30 ·
Unfortunately I bought my tow mirrors after I bought my truck, and the new ones I bought arent power or heated. I leave mine down most of the time, unless I'm hooked up to a trailer, I would change them around a bit from time to time, but its too much of a pain to adjust them right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.