Cummins Diesel Forum banner

need help

635 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  joemancox 
#1 ·
this is my problem i have 2001 dodge cummins auto when i got it had 93000 mile on it bought it used had it for a month and wanted more power so i put a edge comp box on it and the lift pump went out and took the injector pump with at 103000 so i changed it out and put a universel pump in it from napa 100gph at 15 psi and it ran fine so got some extra money and put a cfm + intake manifold ats exhaust manifold phat shaft turbo set at 42 psi boost what was supposed to be 200 horse injectors and 5 inch exhaust put all this in and the torque went out so i change it out with a steel billet torque converter and then put it on the dino and on stage five of the comp box i got 293 horse that it what am i doing wrong that it is getting so little power to the wheels also it has a brute force work horse clod air intake so it not air need a suggestion or to thanks for the help

#4 ·
the trans is saying screw you i'm slipping i don't care what you think. yeah a good trans won't be cheap but will make sure you are only loosing what it takes to turn it.

#5 ·
after i changed the torque conveter it has not sliped at all it hold well no shutter or anything i just wonder if those injector are not what they say they are and i only ran on one dino so it could be a problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.