Cummins Diesel Forum banner

should i be getting boost and EGT gauges with an edge EZ

767 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Bill1374 
#1 ·
are those absolutely necessary and if so how much will they set me back and are they a b**** to put in? thanks :beer

#2 ·
I didnt have gauges to monitor mine for a while, but now i do and the temperatures are very very similar to stock. also i helped both my brothers and my dad hook up their boost gauge which took about 45 minutes taking our time. and egt gauges ive asked around and they said they are very easy, just people are scared because the exhaust manifold is such a vital part. I am actually going to put one on my quadzilla commander monitor this week.

#3 ·
i dont think its so much that there scared just no one knows how to use a tap and die set, if you dont know how you could mangle your hole and get stuff inside your exhaust manifold

#4 ·
alright i figured it wouldnt be a vital part in it but i guess it never hurts to know what your truck is doing with gauges

#6 ·
I looked at it this way. The EZ bumps the hp over 20% which, to me, is a significant change. Since I also tow a 13k plus fifth, I want to know whats happening. Got mine through Vulcan Performance, going in this week.

Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.