Cummins Diesel Forum banner

EGT dilema

560 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Rocking B Ranch 
#1 · (Edited)
Still playing around with my juice with attitude. Drove over a mountain Saturday with no load and the bells and whistles started going off to the tune of regeneration, but the built in regeneration warning was all quiet. Passive regeneration? Well, all of this got me to thinking about the whole EGT stuff. My 6.7 seems to run around 1000 degrees on level roads at highway speeds. All of this new emissions stuff seems to do a "passive regeneration" quiet often. So, I called to Dodge to find out exactly what would be considered a high EGT on this engine. Feller just told me not to worry about it, cause the engine does run hotter than the 5.9's and it has built in bells and whistles to keep it from overheating. It will decrease power if the EGT's get to be too much. Then I called and talked to Edge products and we finally decided that on the 6.7's an EGT max temp. should be somewhere around 1475 for defuel.

So, what's all of your opinions on it?:popcorn:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.