Cummins Diesel Forum banner

not real sure where to put this for exposure

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  gonewelding 
#1 · (Edited)
sorry if this is the wrong forum, but wanted to get the word out. as some of you may know, the ford powerstroke is rapidly becoming the fastest stolen pickup. arrapently it's really easy to do. as a sidenote, criminals have started to target our vehicles in my area. i work as a loss prevention agent part time for a local sporting goods store. in the last couple months, while monitoring outside cameras, i have personally witnessed 2 thefts of dodge spare tires. one of which was my own. these guys have a tool that runs down the spare real quick and they even have the balls to run the chain back up for you. i advise everyone to put a lock on your spare. for about 7 bucks, it's well worth it. another item is the cat. it contains platinum and other precious metals. can be easily sold for a quick fix. these guys are doing this with a battery powered sawzall and it takes less than 30 seconds to accomplish. the spare tire thieves are quicker than that even. on top of the 2 i have witnessed, while working less than 15 hours a week, there have been 10 others reported in the adjacent parking lots as well as ours. they look for our trucks where they can back the car up against it and then do the dirty work. I just want to stop this from happening anywhere else.

#4 ·
They tried to still my truck about two weeks ago and the cop told me the same about the ford and now they are going for Dodges around here. They also got 2 ford trucks same morning as they tried to get mine.

#5 ·
Yeah, Albuquerque is a hot spot for the fords and Dodges. I have heard of them simply backing up to the vehicle with a tow truck, hooking it up and driving off with the whole shebang! I have a habit of turning my wheels and locking the steering wheel in a direction that will fight them (i live on a cul-de-sac). I also have AutoPage alarm system installed for added security.:thumbsup

#6 ·
Just bought my new truck in Alberturkey and broght it back down here just outside of EL Paso. Looks like Dodge is trying to do something about it. My new truck came with some kind of locking cable wrapped around the frame and the spare tire.

#7 ·
Buddy of mine got his Lifted Chevy stolen a month ago from the gym and the insurance company told him that he should start parking it in 4x4, because they towed it away with a wheel lift, supposedly.

#13 ·
Well, they stole 05 Chevy 2500HD on April 1st with some type of key! :CRY:

#15 ·
I drive an 06 super duty for work. Locked the keys in one day at home. Went down to the a-zone and bought a slim jim. Came back home, never attempted this before(I am a mechanic by trade though) and had it unlocked in 15 minutes.

After figuring it out I had it down to less than 30 seconds to get in, really simple to unlock actually. I was amazed. Tried my dodge and it was a bit trickier but not by much.

Luckily I have neither on my truck. Have heard about the drill hole in fuel tank bit. Hopefully some less than brilliant crook will try it on a steel tank.... :drool::drool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.