Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Why do people insist on parking next to us?

9K views 93 replies 66 participants last post by  Km16 
#1 ·
Is it just me or does it seem like NO MATTER where you go and you park you come out and someone is parked RIGHT next to you? Everytime i go somewhere I park where there is at least 2 spaces around me on every side and IT never fails I will come out and there will be a vehicle parked RIGHT beside me and like 3 other open spots around....Am I the only one that has this happen?

Just a lil aggravated because I came outa walmart last nite and found a nice lil dent in my passenger back door from someone swinging a car door into it...

#4 ·
I have the same thing happen to me. I cant park in the back 40 of walmart and someone will park right next to my truck. I hate it when they do that so i usually take up 2 to 4 parking spots when i park.

#7 ·
I heard here that our big tough bylaw officer was out givng tickets to guys taking 2 spots. What a joke, the stalls are hardly big enough for a jetta

#5 ·
It seems there is a fatal attraction. I didn't get a ding but was annoyed the other day. I go to tim hortons with a trailer. The parking lot is empty, (kinda amazing) so I park across a few spots. I come out and a woman in a ford parks across my nose. I mean there was a lot of places to park. My truck was running with the lights on. I could only laugh and shake my head.

I to stero type but walmart has to be the worst place, not only for door dings but lazy ppl that won't walk 10ft to put a buggy back in the stall. Thats another story that I will not get started on.

#6 ·
I've conceded the fact that these trucks are wide and I will get door dings. I still check for them when I think another vehicle is close enough to have dinged it. Ha ha, those people that park next to you as you described prolly use your Mega as a landmark so they can find their car.

#10 ·
I have been fortunate enough to not get any dents, and it sucks that you did man. I hate it when they do it, so I try to park in the back, and take up a few spots!! Never been harrassed by the cops for it, but now that I said that, I am gonna get a ticket the next time I do it!!:lol3:

#39 ·
is it possible to get door dings from cars at that altitude?

#11 ·
I've never had any problem with the cops cause most of them understand why im doing it. Im sure they would say something if the lot was jam packed but i usually park at the other end of the lot if i do take up more than one spot.

#55 ·
This happened to me at WalMart. Someone took out the whole bedside of my truck and hauled a$$ :thud: They even took my bushwacker fender flare with them! :CRY: I was parked by the gas station in the back of the walmart parking lot and was in 2 spots. I still park there to this day. Thank goodness for insurance! :beer

#14 ·
I don't really care about people parking right next to me, the people that piss me off are the people in effing geo metros, or other small cars, that still somehow manage to park over both lines, when I can get my 23 foot truck to split the uprights every time.

Reactions: Fplante92
#17 ·
I know how you guys feel about your trucks. But when I am in 85 CJ7 it's fair game to me when I see some ahole parking his Escalade taking up 3 spots parking sideways. I park the old Jeep right tight next to em and let them find a can opener to get back in there Caddy. The trail Jeep has so many dents in it already, they really can't do any harm to er.....:lol3:

#20 ·
And I thought I was the only one.

Is it just me or does it seem like NO MATTER where you go and you park you come out and someone is parked RIGHT next to you? Everytime i go somewhere I park where there is at least 2 spaces around me on every side and IT never fails I will come out and there will be a vehicle parked RIGHT beside me and like 3 other open spots around....Am I the only one that has this happen?

I thought I was the only one. My wife always complains,because I'll park as far as possible from other cars. I never take up 2 spots, but sometimes if there is a front row open , I'll hang out a little so the guy or girl who pulls up next to me won't be able to hit my door. Last week at Costco I parked at the very back spot, all alone. We come out from shopping and there's a old chevy truck probably a foot away from mine. There were parking spots available every where and this guy parks right on top of me. It kills me. And my wife wonders why I'm nervous everytime she drive my truck, she'll squeez in between 2 twenkies if there's room:thud:. She says, " why do you have a truck if your so anal "? Well I didn't buy it for a bumper car either. Jeez Louise!
Maybe thats what I'll get for my plates MR ANAL. Wait a minute, that don't sound so good.:rof

#22 ·
Dude i feel your pain when it comes to people parking next to you...... The day i drove my truck off the lot i had some girl door ding my truck right in front of me..... I was parked off to the side away from everybody else and she had to come up and park right next to my rig.... I seriously set there and watched her fling her door open and put the dent in my door.... I was pissed and i let her know it too... Its not that noticable unless you get it just right in the light, but when its the only dent on the truck it stands out to me.

#24 ·
me and a buddy park together in the parking lot at work ( he has a powerstroke king ranch f350, seats are awesome ). we park the furthest away from the entry door here at work. usually we take up three parking spots for two vehicles, so theres little to no room between the two trucks. went to lunch last week and walked around to the drivers door ( we both back into the spots ) and this knucklehead had wedged his little '89 celica IN BETWEEN the two trucks. when i got back i asked him why the hell he shoe horned his ricer between us, and he said that we need to learn to park.

go figure.

#25 ·
u guys seem to be all pretty lucky so far. this B!tch parks next to me here at my APT complex, and she backed out of her spot, turned too soon, and her mirror of her Grand Prix went into my rear wheel well, and ripped her mirror completly off. I have a few chips on the inside of the fender but it looks like more of rock chips. Worst thing was the little b!tch didnt come and tell me that she hit my truck??? I look on her car and u can see where her front bumper hit the tire. It was really gay!!! Oh and all the glass from her mirror was sitting right next to my truck so it was obvious that she hit it.... what an idiot. soooo she has some nice glass sitting straight up under her tires! HEHEHE

#51 ·
I actually had somthing similar happen to my truck a couple of weeks ago in my apartments..... The kid above me drives some P.O.S... he was backing out and didnt turn enough and he backed into my bull guard on the front of my truck.... LOl it put just a little small dent in my guard and put a football size dent in his bumper:lol3:.... But the little prick didnt even come tell me... The only reason i new it happened was because my roomate saw it happen...

#26 ·
Carts at Wal Mart and Home Depot = Bad News
Like two weeks after I had got my truck new, I came out of Home Depot with a load of crap, one of my guys waiting in the truck. Just as I come out the door I see this cart picking up speed, heading straight for my brand new Cummins. Slams the back end, puts a ding in by the rear tire.

I was so goddamn pissed, and just like everybody else on here, I deliberately park way the hell away from everyone so sh^t like that won't happen...

Can't stand lazy people. Just because they drive some P.O.S., doesn't mean everyone else does. Rant off...

#27 ·
I really don't have that problem too often but I did come out the other day to find a shopping cart against my truck.. It took a little chip of paint off my passenger door. OFW..

#28 ·
Yea shopping carts can be VERY dangerous on a windy day... I saw a car take out a Jeep Cherokee one time in a walmart the cart was absolutly FLYIng across the parking lot and left a HUGE dent in the Jeep felt bad for the person cuz you could tell they parked way out to avoid being hit the same way we do:thud:

#30 ·
2 days after I got my truck I was at a motel and the next morning I had a nice 3 inch long dent in my driver side rear door. I was so pissed I went in and asked who owned the truck next to mine and what room they were in . I think the lady at the desk figured out I was a little steamed and wouldnt tell me. So I left one nasty note on their wiper. THEN a week later one of our employes was backing my truck up at a resturant and smacked a pole with the rear bumper. And i was in the pass. seat. I just got out and started walking. He knew I was pissed.

#32 ·
i hate wal-mart parking. i parked a mile away and there were only a couple cars in the parking lot but some old lady thought it was a good place to park her huge caddy right next to me. then one time i was parked in a lot and there were no cars and when i came out there were 4 cars in the lot all around and behind me. i wasnt able to back out of the spot because the cars were parked so close to the sides of my truck and the cars behind me wernt all the way in the spots and with my long truck i could only get half the truck backed out of the spot. i had to wait until one of the people left so i could get out

speeking of shopping carts. i was sitting in k-mart parking lot once and i had my windows down. well i heard this noise comming from the other side of the lot. there was a shopping cart rolling at a high rate of speed right for my truck. i hurryed and started my truck dropped it in gear and floorind it. but it wasnt quick enough because the cart cought the pannel right before the bumper and put a big scratch in my truck. well that made me really upset and my temper flared and lets just say those carts do fly prettty far:w:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.