Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Fine for running red fuel???How Much???

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mrbucket1210 
#1 ·
I was told red fuel has more sulfur then the junk at the pumps and our trucks would run alot better on it . Is there a diff between red and #2 besides taxed? How much is the fine if you get caught ? I was told 1000 bucks per gallon ....seems a lil hight . Also heard you can get prison time .....:thud:

#2 ·
jail time i dont know because it is a federal offense. it's tax fraud. it is the same as #2 just dyed. and i dont know a bout 1,000per gallon but i heard someone got caught here and it cost about 6,000. hey for the price its worth the risk i run it.

#3 ·
No you wont get jail time. Its like a 75 dollar fine. I do and i have never been cought. You just have to be smart about it. The ones there gonna check are the ones with transfer tanks in the bed or construction boxes and stuff like that. I get pulled over a lot :peelout :lol3: and luckily never been checked. Most cops dont even really know about it. And i live in a pretty redneck town. But you should be good.. And btw my truck runs the same with it. but its supposed to be better for the motor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.