Cummins Diesel Forum banner

need help! leveled front end problem

653 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Revolution 
#1 ·
i have an 03, i just put a 2.5" leveling kit on it, and i also in 285/55/20 wheels and tires, im working on the 35's. my problem is if i hit a bump the front end goes crazy, the left front wheel starts jumping up and down making it extremely hard to hold on the road.It feels if every is going to fly apart. the stock wheels do it but not near as bad. i didnt change the shocks out and i think the problem is b/c they are or almost are topped out. anybody else have a problem like this? it only does it at higher speeds. 65+mph.

#2 ·
I have the same problem, no leveling kit though. I noticed it a little before the 37's and after I installed them it got worse. I am going to start with replacing the steering stablizer and then the tracbar. When I put the leveling kit on I am goin to replace the shocks. Maybe I can track it down with doing these upgrades one at a time. I currently have only 37K on the truck.

#3 ·
Didja disconnect the sway bar before you jacked it up? If not, the ends are bent. Also, 2.5" is the first height that pretty much requires adjustable sway bar end links. Good luck:thumbsup

#4 ·
when i did my leveling kit i only disconected one sway bar link and i bent the other one. where can i get new sway bar links, also i had to disconect the track bar to get the right side in. anyone have to do that. when i took it off the bolt wasnt to tight. so when i put it back on i came no to her, but i have yet to get any death wobble

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.