Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Whats connected to what

677 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jpringle3@hotmail.com 
#1 ·
Well - this was a new one to me... on Friday my power door locks decided that they shouldn't work any longer and just made this humm when I pushed the lock button.. So - it's warrenty - I take it to the dealer and they do their quick Star tool scan and come back and tell me oh yes - we can fix that - we just have to order a new "gauge cluster" :lol3::thud:Well I just about hurt myself laughing (What do the GAUGES have to do with my door locks????????):rof:rof

#2 ·
My 20 year old door locks are pretty self contained... Just 12 volts, I do believe...

However, taking them apart, I learned that if hooked up "incorrectly", automatic locks can become automatic door openers... :roof: :woot2: :roof:

#4 ·
everything is hooked in together now, if you unhook the cluster for any reason, you loose power to everything except the engine, and the dome light, nothing else will work, dont ask me how i know that, but its wired in together somewhere... :thumbsup

#5 ·
Everything is run buy a computer and they tell the power distribution module to turn on this or that, it works very well most of the time but it can cost you if there is a problem. You also have to have the proper reader and software to find the problem. PLAY SAFE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.