Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Extended Warranty, A Ripoff?

986 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  pistazie2500 
#1 ·
Hi folks!
Can anyone tell me if I got burned by paying $3500 for an extended warranty?
Should I cancel and get refund?
BTW, just ordered a Smarty CR S-06.
I think money would be better spent beefing up 48RE, instead.
My apologies to the moderator if posted in wrong forum.
TIA, COZ

#4 ·
you can buy a ton of parts for that kind of cash. No way would I buy extended waranty. For that kind of money I hope they say they cover bumper to bumper forever.

#5 ·
extended warantys can work O K , it just depends on the year and milage of the truck you have.....I purchased an 2000 F350 crewcab about 4 years ago with 70,000 miles on it, they wanted $3,500 to take it to 104,000 miles, not knowing the history of the truck I bought it. however I got them to get the price down to $2,000, the waranty cost them $600.00 the rest of the money is pure gravy, its split between the dealer and the salesman...........I have a very good friend that is the service writer for a chev dealer, hes the one that told me to try and get the price down.........this worked out good for me as of now they paid out a little over $5,000 in repairs (please no remarks about it being a ford).......my own thoughts...........

#6 ·
Spend the money on upgrading the trans. Though I did buy the extended warranty on my 01 1500 with the 360 and they rebuilt my trans and put new u joints in the front axle for me. That was while it was lifted and they didnt cancel it on me. So its not terrible to have but like it has been said, the main week link in the truck is the trans.

#8 ·
Hmmm. My extended warranty cost $1,700 (CAN) at 35,000 kilometers. Of course I purchased it at that time because I said I would NEVER chip it. Now of course I've reconsidered due to certain online influences. Oh well. Now I wish I'd saved the $$ for the tranny instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.