Cummins Diesel Forum banner

BD Lift pump?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Hot Stuff 
#1 · (Edited)
Anybody ever use the BD lift pump kit? I was thinking about it as a replacement LP on my 'o3. Removing the factory LP and mounting the BD.

It looks like a nice kit. Affordable, and I don't need alot of fuel.

Pros/Cons...........?

Also, what would be a good fuel pressure gauge to put in the truck to monitor the LP pressure? Truck in sig.........

#2 ·
Anybody....? I'm probly just paranoid, but my truck still has the filter mounted pump and 111,000 miles, and I don't know if it's ever been changed! And I'm heading to TN over Memorial Day weekend, and with my luck, it'll let me sit somewhere along the way!

#5 ·
I had one. Its an okay pump but for a little more money you can get a much better lp. Its just a tweeked stock lift pumpl

#6 ·
I just installed my Raptor 100 this past afternoon. EXCELLENT kit. Wouldnt get anything less. Very good fit, although hard to find a place with my QCSB truck, but right in front of the fuel tank and behind the TC. Just barely squeezes in there. I did drill my own hole after seeing the size of the 1/2 line compared to stock and ran a *draw straw* setup as to not strain the pump sucking through the tiny stock supply fitting. I reccomend doing the same also. Also removes one fitting and one possible leak! i drilled a 1/2" hole all the way through then a 9/16th hole 3/4 the way through leaving about a 1/16th of the plastic in the tank still in place so it would really put the squeeze on the fuel line running into the tank to keep it sealed up nice. Then i pulled the stock fuel housing out so i can get my hand into the tank to make sure the line was really on the bottom well. Its easy to push too much and end up curling it right back up off the bottom of the tank. With this setup i'll be sure to NEVER run under a 1/4 tank, juuuuust in case. Im still trying to think of a way to weight it down to make sure hte line really stays on the bottom, but it was dead on the bottom and i dropped the stock pickup assembly on top of it to attempt to keep it from moving for some insane reason.

Jason

#7 · (Edited)
Well I put the BD system on tonight. Went well. It's nothing major. Yes it's just a Carter pump that you mount on the framerail, but thats all I need. I made up a dual filter setup and mounted that next to the pump on the framerail between the tank and the transfer case. Now I've got dual filters (on frame for ease of maintanence, plus the stock filter) and a pump that is easy to get to if there is a problem. The pump is a 100gph, but I don't need a monster pump. So it should work fine for me. I'll post a couple pics tomorrow for yall to critique.

#8 · (Edited)
Here's my new setup........

As I said, I'm not looking for a monster pump, just wanted something simple and effective. This should do it. I might make a guard to sort of enclose the filters to protect them from road debris and snow drifts and crap. The filter is a 2 micron and the fuel/water separator is a 12 micron. And I put a new filter in the stock filter canister. Hopefully will never really have to change that one now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.