Cummins Diesel Forum banner

question about the amount of boost my turbo makes

718 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Haloman 
#1 ·
I am new to diesels and had a question about how much boost my truck is making. I have on my truck and afe stage 2 intake, edge juice with attitude, and 5" exhaust from the cat up to 6" mitre cut stacks. the truck is a 2005 2500 4x4 automatic sb qc (i think I got everything in there if not my sig has almost the right info besides the newly installed stacks). the other day when I was driving I put it to the floor and got over 40 on my boost. the alert flashed on the juice with attitude because I have it set at 40 to alert me. now just driving around if I get on it I see up to 36 quite often on a stock turbo. my question is am I really making that much boost or is the edge wrong? if I am making that much will it hurt the stock turbo?

#2 ·
it will make over 40lbs of boost if you have a boost fooler. I have no idea about the edge. It might have fooling built in. I get over 40 with my fooler. If I take it off will only break 30 or 32.

#3 ·
do you think that the stock turbo will be okay making that much boost?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.