Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Mpg Issue

756 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SmokeN 12 ValvE 
#1 ·
Here in bout 6 months i plan on getting a 2nd gen 24V but with diesel at 4.50 was wondering how much of a leap will it actully be for me giving that what i drive now is a V-8 Gasser on 35's and 4.10 rear ratio...I do plan on doing all the popular mods (ie injectors, programmers, intake, turbo later down the road, and tires wont be above 35's) ive heard those storys about 26 mpg but are those with mods? knowing that, would a cummins be a very big step in price at the pump giving its a inline 6 diesel and keeping in mind my current truck. On a side note, never really understood the pros/cons in say 3.55 gear ratio vs 4.10 i know better milage and worse low end speed but really is the differance....long post i know :S

#2 ·
buddy of mine has a 99, stock with only an intake and rolling on 33s. he drives it everywhere 55 mph all highway and gets 24mpg

#3 ·
See sig line for specs. I get about 16 to 17 mpg on local short hops, 18 on the highway at 70 mph plus. and 14 to 15 towing my RV at 70 plus. If I kpt it below 60 MPH I might be able to crack 20 mpg. Not bad for a big 4x4 with 33's and 4:10s.

Ops

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.