Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Very impressed! new 08's got some pull!

799 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Diesel_Nuts 
#1 ·
Well guys i must say i am very impressed with the new 08' we got at work.. We recently bought 4 new 2008 6speed 4500's as our service trucks and i was givin our mech a hard time once about how my 5.9 will always be everything and more than that 6.7 is.. but the other day i kinda ate my words..
Im a driller for an enviromental drilling rig (not real big.. deepest hole it'll drill it 300ft) and the other day i was pullin up to one of the holes at the bottom of a hill and i sunk over a foot into the sand.. My rig is an international truck with a flat deck and my boom n whatnot is built onto it.. it weighs about 13,700kg's..
Once i got stuck i got out and looked at what the deal was.. After that we decided we would hook up the the 4500 and try and giver a yank (even though i never really thought there wasnt a chance in hell!). Well! turns out that the damn truck pulled me out first try, even pulling up hill!!! I was blown away! There was no hesitation with that thing what so ever, just smoothly sucked me out.
Well sorry for the long post i just thought id share my event with you and tell you how very impressed i am! Now im very curious how my 5.9 would have stood up to that demand!

#3 ·
i think your helluva hot rod woulda pulled that thing and sent it to the moon lol

#4 ·
and i think u better bring that big ******* to some sled pullin events this summer lol

#5 ·
haha well ill be at august blackout this year for sure.. other than that ill have to send you guys some pics of what kinda trouble im gettin into this year... soon enough ill be puttin on my stock wheels with my mickey t's on and do some wicked smoke shows!!

On the other hand, i couldnt care less about the milage with the 6.7's cuz its all company fuel! haha.. i must say tho, i enjoy drivin the 6 speed compared to my auto

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.