Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Need help and advice...ASAP!

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  GSHARK 
#1 · (Edited)
Need help and advice...ASAP!(PLEASE)

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking at purchasing this 06. It's an ST model and has limited options and some basics like manual windows, vinyl flooring and cloth and vinyl upholstery. However, for the price the manager is giving me $30,895 and with my trade which is an 01 Ram diesel with only 52000 miles I should come out with a good price on the 06. I can live with the vinyl and windows in order to upgrade to a newer truck. What can you guys tell about these 06's? The mileage on the 06 (19,000 miles) is great for only two years old and I feel that may people have passed on it because it doesn't have all the bells a whistles. I pull a 25 ft. Aerolite and have plans to upgrade to a longer 5th wheel in the future. What advice can you all give me? I'm going to talk numbers with the saleman tomorrow. The options listed in the link aren't accurate.

Thanks in advance.
Dick Poe Family El Paso TX Texas Chrysler Dodge Jeep Toyota Scion dealer new cars used cars 300C Ram Liberty Camry xA auto repair parts.

#2 ·
First you are getting raped at that price, where are you located? You can get an SLT for that. The 06 seats stain with water that is te only down side so far.

#3 ·
That does sound like a lot of cash and I live in Canada where our trucks are priced much higher. Other then that the 3rd gens are great trucks, have many of the same flaws with the front end parts being made of butter. As for pulling you will notice a big difference if your 01 is stock.

#4 ·
That isn't a good price at all. I have seen loaded mega cabs with the cummins in it go for that. Take your time, shop around a little and they will be begging you to come buy that truck in a couple of weeks. If they will take some more off the price it may not be a bad deal. I don't know about in Texas, but here in Tennessee some of the dealerships are hurting really bad and will do almost anything to sale a truck. Especially a diesel with the way fuel prices are.

#8 ·
30K is real steep. I got my new 07 with 53 miles on it for close to that. Like Jonathan said, dealers a very motivated now. You can certianly talk them down no problem and defiantely push for 0% financing. Mara is right 24K or less.

Good luck

#10 ·
Your 01 with 52k is worth a lot more than a couple of grand also.
I'd do alot more looking. Price a few on E-bay and look at other dealerships and towns.
You can get a lot better deal somewhere else.

Randy

#11 ·
I looked at Dick Poe and now know where he got his first name! :lol3:

I bought my 08 in my signature block, minus accessories for $39,000 out the door up in Alberturque at Zangara Dodge. Just live down the road from you there in El Paso over in Chaparral. Try getting away from Ft. Bliss and the prices will drop quiet a bit! :thumbsup

#13 ·
You make a good point. Just for the hell of it, I priced some in PHX. I even found some used 08's with a better package fewer miles and extra add ons for less.
They (Dick Poe) have an new 08 with the ST package for 42,400 and with incentives and owner loyalty trade in it drops to 32,400 still minus the remaining trade value. I'm just gonna keep looking.
Thanks again.

#12 · (Edited)
I got a 06 3500 Mega Cab Dually Laramie for 24.5k. It has 92k miles which is high, but it was all highway miles and the inside and outside is like new.

This included a b&w hitch + companion hitch, brake controller, new in box K&N Air charger kit and 5" exhast.

#14 ·

RR

I just got a 2006 2500 5.9 slt long bed 6 speed manual with 25000 miles for 28,500. I think I could have done a little better, but overall I dont think I did to bad. No money down no trade in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.