Cummins Diesel Forum banner

How do know its a 08

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Rocking B Ranch 
#1 ·
How does a guy tell if a truck is an 08. or the diff between an 04 and 05. 04 started putting the ram on the gate, 06 they made the bigger headlights, 07 has the new tail lights.

#2 ·
The doors

If you look inside the drivers side door frame you will find a sticker that will have a VIN# and year of the vehicle.

Just kidding.

#5 ·
If you look inside the drivers side door frame you will find a sticker that will have a VIN# and year of the vehicle.
The date on the sticker of the door/frame shows the date it was manufactured and does not necessarily represent the model year of the truck.
As Dunes said use the VIN.

#8 ·
Ok this was not a trick question. I am not a total idiot. I was wondering if there was any outside features to look for. People may take offense to me snooping in there truck when I see it in the parking lot and wonder what year it is.

#9 ·
07 and newer had the different style 2500 or 3500 badges for one, and different taillights

#12 ·
sounds like this blu tech badge is a sign that it has a 6.7L.
Will have to look for it. there is a lot of 07 around, I have just been curious if I could tell if they had a 6.7.

what is blu tec

#13 ·
Best way to tell if it is a 6.7 or not is stand 20 feet away on the passenger side and look underneath the truck. You will see the DPF hangin. (if the truck still has the DPF on it) The Blue Tec badge on the back will definately tell you it is a 6.7 but the first trucks with the 6.7 still had the Heavy Duty on the tailgate instead of the Blue Tec badge.
Blue Tec is the emissions setup on the 6.7, the DPF

#14 ·
The blue tec, according to the lot that sold me my new rig, means that it is specifically designed to burn the ultra low sulfer diesel. In so saying they gave me a sturn warning to not try and burn the "just low sulfer" or it will mess up my new truck. The exhaust is pretty congested under the truck and the egr is pretty touchy. :$:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.