Cummins Diesel Forum banner

New Truck....first kill

777 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Rocking B Ranch 
#1 ·
So there I was......driving back from one of the local truck fixer upper places sporting my new cab lights, new nerf bars, new front and rear ranch hand bumpers, new gooseneck hide a ball and.....my brand new Edge Juice with an Attitude monitor. Traffic wasn't too bad, my fiance was following me in her Malibu Maxx and I was on level one steadily watching the overhead for some change in mileage when I heard it.......a little grand prix with one of those 6" chrome exhaust tips. Lil' feller gunned it beside of me and took off! So as I jump out behind him I'm trying to figure out how in the heck to adjust my new toy to level five! After I figured it out he scooted over and I went by him at about 90 and gunned it again. We ran until around 110 and I was somewhere around 5 or 6 car lengths ahead of him!:T::hyper::woot::peelout

Of course, the attitude was still set with all of the stock presets, so that thing was going off like a car alarm which leads me to a question.......what should I set all of that stuff on for my stock truck?

#2 ·
i set mine to the most responsive settings when my truck was stockand drove on level 3 for the most part now i drive on level 5 all the time and i get better gas mileage too

#4 ·
Been reading all the posts I can on various forums looking for the general consensus on the EGTs for these new 6.7's. Looks like they are desinged to run a little hotter. Alot of reports of hitting 1400 EGT running stock with no loads going up hills and stuff. So, I figure I'll set the EGT/defuel gizmo up at 1450. What d'yall think?

#6 ·
Thanks for the info! I've been playing around with it, but trying to decipher the secret squirrel Dodge talk was getting to be a headache! Now it's time to.....:peelout

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.