Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Mag-Hytec

798 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ccoop769 
#1 ·
Just ordered a mag hytec for the 11.5 how many quarts of fluid will i need? Also i am a royal purple fan but will consider amzoil,any experience between the two? New to CTD and LOVE it!:peelout

#4 ·
i have 55k miles on my oil and you can still see through it.

#6 ·
Its not so bad, i paid 330 for cover and lube. I was gonna change oil at 50k but when i checked, it still looked see through. Maybe the 50k severe use of amsoil was for stock covers!!!??? So i guess im gonna change it at 100k then. In the end its prolly the same price. U figure if you have stock cover and buy 4 quarts every 15k, that would add up by the time you hit 100k. Not to mention taking off your diff each time and spending all that time. I like the fact that i know i got a good cover that has awesome features that are actually usefull. Maybe if it wasnt a DD i would maybe keep stock cover but i tote hard everyday and drive hard everyday and its nice to know that my rear end is well protected. The rearend is about the weakest link of the truck along with the tranny that cost a lot of money to fix when they break. So whether its more expensive in the long run or equals out. I think it would be a good investment if you have a work truck. Good insurance and less downtime due to always changing out fluids and sorts. Thats all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.