Is cummins owned by ford - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > General Forums > General Diesel Discussion
General Diesel Discussion Discuss General Topics related to the Cummins , Dodge Rams , Other Diesels Ect....NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Is cummins owned by ford

Just having a conversation with my teachers and friends about cummins and we're wondering if cummins is owned by ford? I've heard rumors but I'm still unsure!
tlenz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,195 Times in 2,062 Posts
Oh great, this again? Yes, Cummins is owned by Fords and EVERY Ford pickup will have a Cummins in it for the 2014 model. We won't have a Cummins in a Dodge after this year. Next year we will have a 4 cylinder VW diesel in our trucks that produces 800HP and 1250 ft pounds of torque...........
2013 Ram 3500 Dually CTD 6.7/Aisin/4:10 LSD
Previous Rams:
90 CC Dually, 94 RC LB, 95 CC SB, 98 QC Dually, 00 QC Dually, 01 QC Off Road, 03 QC Dually, 05 QC Dually, 08 QC Dually, 10 CC Dually
Ram3500Dually is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Ram3500Dually For This Useful Post:
simplysmn (10-03-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Nope they owned stock in 1990 with tessco and kubota.. and sold it off...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ford doesn't belong in my vocabulary.
Taywan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Ford can only dream about owning Cummins. Think about it: everything post 7.3 has been a disaster for their Diesel pickups. If they owned Cummins they could have easily prevented this with something that works. I respect Ford as a company for avoiding the bailout. They have a lot of good things going for them, but it's not the engines in their Diesel pickups.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Matt65 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt65 View Post
Ford can only dream about owning Cummins. Think about it: everything post 7.3 has been a disaster for their Diesel pickups. If they owned Cummins they could have easily prevented this with something that works. I respect Ford as a company for avoiding the bailout. They have a lot of good things going for them, but it's not the engines in their Diesel pickups.

Don't respect too much. Before the bailouts they took a 6 billion dollar loan from the government to develop Eco-friendly vehicles, then the crash happen, ford needed the cash, and the gov said it was cool to use as they see fit. Which was not entirely used for Eco-cars. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is how it went down.

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free
Old 10-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt65 View Post
They have a lot of good things going for them, but it's not the engines in their Diesel pickups.

That only changes when you start talking about the really big kids. Then you start having the little 3phase engine we know and love.
00fastta is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Start reading at the bottom of page three in here http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/20...tml?highlight=
07.5 QCSB 4X4,CumminsForum leveling kit, Synergy,Anarchy,H&S O/D TCM,GDP S-3,boost tube,and ccv delete,Full Shibby egr deletes,S&B,DashHawk,B&W,Prodigy P3,AirLift,CD box brace,Borgeson,5-5100 Bilsteins,Maxx Links, 17x9 XD Hoss and Toyo AT2's.
seanth468 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.