Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Beating On Your Truck

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Lineman954 
#1 ·
what would be considered as beating the crap out your truck. Is pounding on the pedal a few times a day gonna screw up the tranny?? or driving 90-100mph at times?? let me know:popcorn:

#3 ·
Beating on my truck; Lets see, how about 247k miles, head gasket seaping on rear, factory torque converter, valve body only with lock up switch, added a TST Powermax3 without a set of gauges, and still drive it like I stole it. I think this plan is going to backfire!!!

#10 ·
Well I drove my truck pretty hard. Foot to the floor from dead stop all the time, spinning the tires and doing burnouts. Well it all finally caught up to me a week ago when i spooled up for a burnout and my transmission broke. Now Im gunna drive like an old man....for a little while anyways

#12 ·
Hey, we got a little side tracked on your main question, that can happen late at night. I've driven mine in that manner for over a year now with no issues. I only go to level 5 on the attitude when provoked :w: I'll let ya know when my trans takes a dump. :lol3: Anybody else have an opinion?

#13 ·
Yeah I'd say drive it like a dealer rental :lol3::peelout..

If its your own do what ya want.. I try not to just because its my baby but the key word is TRY....:T:

Dealer trucks are the best tho:w::w:

Ian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.