Cummins Diesel Forum banner

What can I expect?

899 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dodge17 
#1 ·
To get for my truck? It's time to let the 98 go. What can I reasonably expect to get for it fair market value? KBB says 6,500 and I know thats way low.

It's loaded Laramie package, everything but leather. Only 85,000 miles. 5 speed. Everything would be put back to stock other than probably the tires. No rust at all other than a couple small places starting to rust on the rear bumper. The body has zero rust. Inside is in excellent condition and no cracked dash.

#2 ·
my buddy bought a 99 like yours for 6500. LOL in ontario Canada it had the rockers DONE and cab corners starting.. lower doors and fenders aswells. ahahah

Maybe aounnd 7-8 grand?

#4 ·
8k for a 5 speed with 85,000 miles? With no rust? Surely it would fetch more than that?

#8 ·
Im not trying to be a dick or anything but the truck is 12 years old an nobody is going to be able to get a loan for more than 8k for a truck that is 12 years old in this economy. not to mention that most people are not really looking for regular cabs, nobody like the regular cab look anymore. Personally my dream truck is an 06-07 regular cab 4x4 lifted with 37s, but most people are only looking for ext cabs or crew cabs. To the right buyer it might be worth more than that, but I dont see it selling for to much more than 8k, or at the most 9.

#5 ·
they're all going for more than book value; it just depends on what your market will bear. around here, you could get around $10k, but trucks are expensive down here.

#6 ·
Dude you truck is over 10 years old, beleive it or not its at the 7k mark..Mines a 2001 and I got if for 4k frm a 70 yrs old retired grandpa! all heated leather ect.. I went to dodge and they offered me 10k..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.