Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1989 7.3 Ford newer motor?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ykdave 
#1 ·
How new of a 7.3 will fit my 89 F-350? I'm not thinking powerstroke, I was just hoping for at least serpentine belts? Thanks everyone.

#2 · (Edited)
The diesel stop

Go to "The Diesel Stop.com" They have a section fot IDI diesels, the 6.9 and 7.3. Good site! Twogun One more note: Some ot the 92 and early 93's were factory tuboed, might want to look for one of those. The tuboes were provided by a company called advanced tubo systems in CO.

#6 ·
The problem isnt power (well a turbo wouldn't hurt) I'm down a cyl and it smokes like crazy. Its all I can do to not put a cummins in it (Have two converted/converting now). Was just hoping for a later 7.3 with serpentine belt to drive my hydraulic pump.... But now I'm looking for a turbo motor, thanks everyone haha.

#7 ·
while your at it, why not just find a late 7.3 flowerpoke to drop in there?

Surely it will be pretty much a bolt-in job compared to something like a cummins conversion and at least it will have enough power to get out of its own way... maybe... :l

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.