Cummins Diesel Forum banner

do steering wheel locks work?

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  wrench71 
#1 ·
I travel to south texas and west texas for work, been reading about trucks being stolen and taken across the border

do those bar type (alot of them are red) steering wheel locks work?

I looked at a process that was 100% safe with a strange key but it was about $400?

I'm wondering if a thief could see the bar lock on the wheel if he wouldn't just go somewhere else

thoughts and/or experience

thanks

#6 ·
you could have a set up like most construction equipment has. have a master switch that cuts off all power and you can pull the key out to take it with you. therefore its not just a simple button they have to find and hit.

#7 ·
thanks for the thoughts guys, do you think the Revelco is worth $400.00, I'd sure hate to get my 01' stolen and have to settle for about 60% of what I have in it with my insurance company

#8 ·
Seems to me it has to be a lie when Revelco says not one vehicle with their device has been stolen since it's not all that unusual for thieves to just winch a rig up on a trailer if they really want it.
Even one lie makes me not trust them.

#10 ·
Ravelco

I have the Ravelco, i told him the same thing, but it takes some time to do that, winch it up on a trailer and all, thats not how thieves do it, they get in and get going in seconds, not with a Ravelco though, its just a high tech cutoff switch. I think its worth it.

#9 ·
If someone wants YOUR truck, it doesnt matter what you do, they will get it.

but like mentioned above, 9 out of 10 times the theif will just move on and look for something thats going to be an easy grab.

#12 ·
Cutoff switch

I didnt think you could use those because they cut the power to everything> you'd have to reset the radio every time you used it? Maybe i'm wrong.:confused013:

#14 ·
have an alarm installed and add steering locks etc. in a bad area,its to slow them down at best,no system is bulletproof its a combined effort smarts and hardware that keeps things safe..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.