Cummins Diesel Forum banner

HX40 turbine housing

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BullseyePower 
#1 ·
I run a HX40 with a T3 16cm housing from a Cummins on a strait six cyl 2.5 gas engine. These turbos are great! I was trying to find someone with, preferably, a 14cm housing on a willing trade or for sale. Bullseye has the 12cm, but I'm not really willing go that small. Am I correct that anything smaller that 16cm must be a HX35 machined housing?

Thanks for any info,
Chris

#2 ·
Anything smaller than a 16cm is a machined HX35 housing.

#3 ·
Our T3 .70 (12cm) is worth as much as the exhaust wheel can flow. The housing is definitely not the restriction in that application. It's a non-divided housing so it will flow much more than divided 12cm housings you may be familiar with.

If you really need something in the 16cm range, High Tech Turbo may be your only option. They should have a gated stainless housing available.

BEP

#4 · (Edited)
Thank you very much for the reply BEP. I have also looked into the BEP housing and that is great information. My preference is no gate. I spoke with Tim's Turbos who machines 14cm non-gated HX35 housings for the HX40 wheel for around $260-$280 which gives me the option to attach the 3.5" downpipe I fabricated with a HX40 size outlet flange. Is it possible for you to compare response of the turbo between a divided HX35 14cm housing to your non-divided 12cm .70?

Edit: After looking back on BEP website, I noticed the 12cm housing is a 4 bolt and mine is 6 bolt. I didn't see what size the outlet flange was either.
Attached is a photo of mine

#5 ·
Just mean's you have 3 clamp's and the other 1 has 2 no biggie I don't believe .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.