Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Gale Banks and Naked Women

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  JDiepstra 
#1 ·
Just curious... I've been reading Diesel World and Diesel Power... I never minded Gale and his clean diesel ideas until I saw his 4 page adds that completely dog every other aftermarket manufacturer I like, from tuners, to exhaust, to towing brakes.

I wanted to hear a conglomeration of opinions on the current salesmanship tactics of (ALL diesel companies)

I don't want to turn this into a smoke is good or bad debate (EMPHASIS ON THIS) i

I just want input on the salesman/saleswoman, tactics of todays aftermarket companies... and nomatter how much I love to see beutifull women what does this have to do with the quality of a Rear end or intake? perhaps the model money would have been better spent on QC and PR :confused013:

#4 ·
They put out good stuff i think, I really like their new Speedbrake for the LLY-LBZ Duramaxes. However their stuff is really pricey. You can get just as good or better stuff for cheaper IMHO

#5 ·
It's bulllsh**!!

I wouldn't break my back carrying around a stack of diesel power mags in my backpack if it wasn't for gale banks and his smoke free agenda.

Guess thats what you get from a guy on the epa board....

He doesn't even give anyone else a chance.

#6 ·
We live in a free market society.If Banks wants to pay for 1 page or ten pages to promote his product,thats between Banks and the magazine.With the economy in the condition it's in,companies have to do everything they can to sell product and pull a profit.Otherwise they go the way of the dodo bird.
Now about banks being pricey,that is true.But Banks does all of the engineering,designing,testing and most of the production of his product in-house.
Just like some people won't pay Banks prices,I won't buy a brand new truck and totally modify it in every way.
This is the United States of America.We are free to read what we want and we are free to not buy a magazine that has an advertiser pay for advertising.Maybe people are jealous because they see Banks with 4 pages and the tuner they have only advertises on one? Who knows.Who cares.Don't buy the magazine

#7 ·
i think what is being said here is, that if they did not spend so much dam $$$ on advertisements then they would not need to pass that expense on to the consumer & people might appreciate the product more!!!

#10 ·
You guys need to understand that Banks Engineering advertises towards a target market. Basically, if you like to smoke out bus benches and hybrid cars, their products are not for you. Yes they cost more. Yes, they advertise ALOT. Thats business. In the target market Banks aims for, they don't want smoke, burnt transmissions, melted clutches, or smoky burnouts. These people WANT clean, quiet power. These are the people that would be perfectly happy if you didn't know it was a diesel engine. They are not the perfomance enthusiests that many of us are.

So, that said, before anyone rightly ridicules them, try thinking about it from the other side of the fence.

Maybe he is on the EPA board, I don't know, but I can tell you that he is working to be able to upgrade our engines without irritating the mass population with excessive emssions.

I love power as much as anyone, and smoke is flat out cool, in the right place. Just bear in mind I bring this information from the position that I meet people from both sides of the fence on a daily basis, and that is why I think folks need to have a more open mind.

#11 ·
Gale Banks has pioneered smokeless power whether you like it or not. They have propelled trucks down the 1/4 mile in sub 8s times. I believe that speaks highly for their products, and their engineering.

#12 ·
Scheids diesel beat the sidewinder.....

I was just curious, 4 pages though of nothing but bashing other products... I sat down and genuinely read the ad, and didn't see what the grand appeal was, and trash talking is not a way to earn my business.

I just miss the good ole boy handshake and my word is my creed. I bought a trans for my car and I said wheres the warranty he said the warranty is that I built it and if you break it as long as I'm living it will be fixed with these hands... he never said then get a goerend or a suncoast kid, those things are junk anyways.

#13 ·
The two seem to go hand in hand. I forget now, what exactly am I talking about? :lol4:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.