Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Any major issues with this 2003- 2500 Cummins?

946 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Climb14er 
#1 ·
There's a nice truck I found and have included the info on it.

In the 2003 model year, are there any major issues that need addressing? He's got full maintenance records, it's a really clean truck, well cared for.

The guy wants $22,750.00 and the Kelly Blue Book lists approx $19,000.00 for an excellent condition private party sale.

We're in a tough economy, and vehicles are not necessarily flying out the doors, so-to-speak, as we all know.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Much appreciated!

2003 Quad Cab, 4x4, Heavy Duty, Fully Loaded !! 5.9 H.O. Cummins Turbo Diesel, 77,xxx
miles, 6 speed manual transmission, adult owned, non-smoker, no pets, no kids,
immaculate condition, accident free, 2nd owner, includes all maintenance records
since brand new, heated leather seats, power everything, new windshield and 4-wheel
alignment, infinity stereo with CD and MP 3, tow package including Tokensha prodigy
brake controller, sprayed in bed liner, sliding rear window, 18” custom alloy
wheels, Goodyear all terrains(pictured), 17” factory alloys with Cooper Discovery
studded tires, never been taken, off-road. Recent service: T-case, front & rear
differentials, gearbox fluids changed, radiator flush. Extras Include: Block
heater, tinted windows, running boards, K&N Air Filter, PIAA fog lights, all
weather floor mats, bushwacker flares, running lights.

See less See more
#2 ·
Just wanted to say hello...

Granted, this is my first post here, my background is in diesels and the export of diesel fire trucks and apparatus around the world.

This potential Cummins is for me personally and my thoughts are that while it's a good looking truck, it's way over-priced as I usually don't pay for all the extras/accessories... but I wanted some feedback from you folks who run these rigs all the time as to the price and any issues re: 2003 model.

Thanks for looking.

#3 ·
18 to 19k sound about right. I paid 20k for mine with 19000 miles this past summer. Things to watch for are injector and lift pump failures. I would pull the fuel filter and see what it looks like. If its durty or there is junk in the bottom i would be leary of injector problems. Good Luck!!

#5 ·
Priced way too high! Stock lift pump is junk.

#8 ·
dang bud, I wish you were closer to TX. I have an 03 4x4 6speed i need to sell.

#9 ·
Luckily I'm in no rush and don't want to chase any vehicles.

I've seen lots of high mileage ones up here, tons of autos, would be nice to find a garaged cream-puff, well maintained, used to pick up the groceries, if you know what I mean.

I had a feeling with injectors the price tag/repair might run 2500.00 or so. Ouch.

You folks have an excellent forum here! Kudos. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.