Cummins Diesel Forum banner

pop tester

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ykdave 
#1 ·
i am working on building a pop tester out of a bottle jack anyone else built one on here that could give me some ideas i have found some stuff on the internet but not much on testing our trucks anyone know where i can get the adapter to do 24 valve injectors

#2 ·
I've seen one made from a grease gun.
My local John Deere dealer pop and pattern tests for $5 per injector.
Hardly worth it for me to build one at that price considering how often it needs to be done.

#3 ·
yea i have seen the grease gun ones but heard they have problems i just want one to test injectors and maby build some think it would be nice to have around no one around here dose it that cheap and there is only 2 diesel shops that i know of that do it

#4 ·
got it somewhat done today still have to go get a 6000 psi gauge and get a adapter for 24 valve injectors got to weld a few leaks i have but other than that works pretty good used some ford idi injectors i had laying around and tested them they atomize odd but dont know the pop off on them since i have not got a gauge on it yet i can post some pictures up if anyone is interested in building one so far i have spent no money on this just made it out of stuff i had laying around

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.