Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Convoy

2K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  lobes1985 
#1 ·
So how come the southern states get to have convoys. And New York Doesnt do crap.

#2 · (Edited)
cuz you all a bunch of city slickers :lol4: I dont know, you should put something together, I went up there last year (Newyork, Newyork) and HATED IT, I couldnt wait to get back to my farm, and small country roads. Reasons I hated it; to many people, subway entrances and exits STINK, cops are dicks, traffic, cold in june!, no good scenery unless you like concrete, gas prices were unbelieveable (we flew and rented a car) people seem to be real a holes up there, sorry didnt mean to affend you but that was my experience, I was so glad to be home i didnt go in the house for like 3 hours. But really you should put something togeter.

#3 ·
Lets get somthing straight NEW YORK is a state New York City is a Hemroid on NEW YORK STATE's @@@. I live about 50mi from Canada in a town were Cows out number people 3 to 1. Yeah im from the Country

#4 ·
Like i said, didnt mean to peev you off, THAT WAS JUST MY EXPERIENCE, I know there is alot of land up there and probably some great people, but my experience was, sore feet, stinky subways, and mean people, yeah start a new thread and put something together:yourock: and also do you have a link to the lights you bought for the underside of your truck? :headbang:

#5 ·
Yea, my wife HATES that!! The minute she says New York people put "city" on the end of it. She comes from Fulton, a long way from the city and has never been there. This thread just reminded me of her pet peeve.. Go to a site named "Meetup" and start a thread there on convoy, you may just get a bunch of replies.

Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup.com

#8 ·
You can't even say upstate anymore cause people think Westchester which is still the city as far as I'm concerned. NYC is over 200 miles south of us. I think we should take up a collection, get a big chainsaw, cut the city loose and sink it in the ocean!

Bill

#10 ·
You can't even say upstate anymore cause people think Westchester which is still the city as far as I'm concerned. NYC is over 200 miles south of us. I think we should take up a collection, get a big chainsaw, cut the city loose and sink it in the ocean!
I'd be up to making the cut at the Orange/Rockland county line on the west shore of the Hudson, and at the Putnam/Dutchess line on the east shore. Dump Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, NYC, and Lawn Guyland into the sea where they belong! Or, maybe trade them to NJ for Sussex county, which is just about the only part of NJ that's worth anything to us non-cityiots.

It's hard to believe how those 11 miles of NYC really ruin the other 400+ mile length of our beautiful state.....

#13 ·
I got a chain saw and a demo saw. If anyone has a couple sticks of dynomite or diesel and fertilizer I think we might have somthing LOL

#14 ·
To quote the great philosopher Billy Joel: :)

I've seen the lights go out on Broadway-
I saw the Empire State laid low.
And life went on beyond the Palisades,
They all bought Cadillacs-
And left there long ago.

We held a concert out in Brooklyn-
To watch the Island bridges blow.
They turned our power down,
And drove us underground-
But we went right on with the show...

I've seen the lights go out on Broadway-
I saw the ruins at my feet,
You know we almost didn't notice it-
We'd see it all the time on Forty-Second Street.

They burned the churches up in Harlem-
Like in that Spanish Civil War-
The flames were everywhere,
But no one really cared-
It always burned up there before...

I've seen the rats lie down on Broadway-
I watched the mighty skyline fall.
The boats were waiting at the Battery,
The union went on strike-
They never sailed at all.

They sent a carrier out from Norfolk-
And picked the Yankees up for free.
They said that Queens could stay,
They blew the Bronx away-
And sank Manhattan out at sea....

You know those lights were bright on Broadway-
But that was so many years ago...
Before we all lived here in Florida-
Before the Mafia took over Mexico.
There are not many who remember-
They say a handful still survive...
To tell the world about...
The way the lights went out,
And keep the memory alive....

#16 ·
Bulldogbones, when I get back we will have to do a meet up or convoy or something.

But as far as NYC, 6 - 7 hour drive from my house and not worth the money. It is eaasier to get to Washington DC and quicker. NYC unfortunately a sore on the beautiful state of NY. Trout streams everywhere, farm land, forest....and laid back people.

#20 ·
Because unlike Buford T. Justice, NYPD would bend the Bandit over a guardrail and violate his sphincter muscle :butt: with a night stick when (not if) they caught him! :shock:

Seriously though, could you see someone running a chase vehicle for a speeding tractor-trailer on the Cross-Bronx Expressway? Going a mile on that road in typical traffic takes longer than a feature movie, and the only excitement would be if they hit a pothole that wasn't already filled in with a Prius..... :hehe:

#21 ·
To start with; WOW do you just open a thread and click on the reply button and give your .02 without reading what other people have posted? Maybe if you had actually read the thread you would know that I dont live in NYC and that I live in the country. And since you live in NY you should know that NYC is the Hemroid on the :but: of NY

#22 ·
I know what your saying. When I tell people from other parts of the country I'm from Massachusetts they instantly assume Boston. I'm 41 years old, I've lived in Mass all but 4 of those years, and I've only been to Boston 3 times.

#24 ·
Thank you. My wife and I went to visit some friends who live right near Lake George a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, people just have no idea how beautiful New York is.

#25 ·
Hehe...you guys sound like us in IL...somebody says IL and they mean Chicago.....I live 5 hours from Chicago and 2.5 hours form the southern tip of the state. If you ever figure out how to cut the city off into the water let us know!

I made it to Jersey once, looked across the bay at NYC and decided that was as close as I wanted to ever be, NYS on the other hand looks really nice!

#26 ·
Well I am trying to get the "Cut NYC off the float it into the ocean" Bill Passed and put into the stimulis Plan. But I dont think its going to happen. So I guess its back to the drawing board:confused013:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.