Cummins Diesel Forum banner

I cant choose the exhaust i want??????

737 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ss313 
#1 ·
so i have 2 5" mitre cut stacks that just sound mean....but i really want my bed space back since i have a toolbox that i use and need im going back to regular exhaust.....i like the way the dual exhaust looks and thats what im leaning for......any ideas or opinions would be alot of help:confused013:

#2 ·
I am going to be cutting my tool box to fit around my single stack. Then will have the parts welded back on along with some additional most likely, to close the box back up. What if you just cut the corners out of your tool box and then reweld new sides on the box?

#3 ·
thats not a bad idea i never thought of that... i will have to take that one into consideration....and are you talking about cutting like a u shape in the back to slide the box up against the stack or what...im confused..its a good thought ya got then i would get to keep my nice black stacks

#5 · (Edited)
Yes that is what I mean. Cut a U into the box and push the box all the way back to the front of the bed. Then get a couple more pieces of diamond plate and weld it all shut again. The tool box would essentially double as a heat shield........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.