Cummins Diesel Forum banner

quick stack install ?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  NMMEGA 
#1 ·
installing my single 8" as we speak. when i drilled the pilot hole for the hole saw i noticed that i would hit the bed frame rail. do you guys just notch the frame? or is there something i am missing. thanks in advance and here are 2 pics to help explain what i am asking. you can see the pilot hole in the pics. thanks for the help.

See less See more
#2 ·
When I put mine In, I notched the frame. I used a plasma cutter though for the hole and notching the rail because its all I had and I didnt feel like buying a $25 4 inch hole saw.

#5 ·
Sawzall or reciprocating saw does it quick.

#6 ·
i just moved mine back a bit so it wouldn't interfere with teh frame. i really didnt' want to weaken the frame at all by cutting it since when i carry stuff, it's usually very heavy.

#8 ·
thanks guys for all the help. i ended up ditching the hole saw after i almost tore my arm off when it caught real hard one time:shock: i went the sawzall route and then notched the frame. the clamp came out perfect so i didn't want to move it back. i do not reccomend a hole saw ever if you are gonna do it over the frame of the bed. it is not fun......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.