Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Charlies dodge Ft Pierce Florida locking doors 2/27/09

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Lil faster than U 
#1 ·
I hope this is the right place for this post. Anyway, I belong to a Dodge Charger forum and this morning, I got a PM from a friend about the post below which I copied and pasted here.

I myself called the dealership this morning. The girl who answered didn't know anything about this. She actually sounded surprised and got the manager on the phone. He said his name was Scott. He said and I quote,

" Sir, I'm sorry but, I cannot comment about this at this time."

I bought my truck and my wifes Charger there this past year and they have been great to deal with so for me, this really sucks :doh:

Sad to report Charlie's Dodge in Ft Pierce Florida will lock the doors tomorrow. I have been here since 1981 and Charlies was way before me. A land mark in this area. My Son in-law will be unemployed along with everyone else at Charlie's. Victim of our last 8 yrs of blundering come home to roost. We have an abundance of Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep dealers in Florida. We have also been hit hardest only secound to California in the housing bust and Jobs lost. St Lucie County is a bit past 10% unemployed. Good luck to all. I have 3 Hemi's. Ram 2006 SLT 4x4 Black. Charger R/T Silver with Road and Track. Challenger 2009 R/T Trac Pack, Black Pearl. Everyone of these are top notch quailty and would not drive any other Vehicals if givin the choice to do over. My truck and wifes Charger came from Charlies. Challenger from Okeechobee FL. Only 1 of many to fall Im afraid. People want to know why we need to help out US auto makers and get the money flowing again here it is in your face. The fall out that has just begun. Not pretty, my son in-law had the Health Insurance in their family, with 1 yr old little girl also, gone now unless they pick up about 700 a month on the one salary now..
I have 3 points shy of a 800 credit score. When I bought the Challenger 5 weeks or so back when EP started, I had to furnish more documents then the last house I bought. 20,500 down payment on a 35,000 car.
Yes Twentythousand Fivehundred dollars down. That credit came from the loan Chrysler got from tax payers, they put to use right away to me and many others to get stock moving again at 2.9% for me. To little to late for Charlie's. Chrysler will pay back every cent too, just like in the 70's. Thanks Mopar for the many memories through my life. Many More to come. Long Live MOPAR. God Bless USA.

See less See more
#2 ·
It sucks that people are going to lose their jobs, but I bet someone will come in and reopen the dealership. At least thats what happend with the Bill Heard Chevy dealership in my town.

#3 ·
Pretty Mad at Charlies Dodge in Fort Pierce

Hello- First, I really feel for the employees, I work construction and trust me lifes been hard. We just purchased a 08 Charger last week and I'm really pissed they didn't even give a hint to this. I'm sure the employees where innocent but management had to know. I would guess any Dodge Dealer would be O.K. for service but I really liked Charlies. As far as all the perks with the Loyalty card for oil changes and such would be invaled? Take Care Employees.

#5 ·
That really sucks I bought my truck there. Alot of good people work there. I bought my old lady's car from charlie's mitsuy. 1 month later i call for free oil change and they closed their doors 1 week after we bought it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.