Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Stacks Illegal?

992 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  gary502 
#1 ·
Stopped at a friends garage today to ask some questions about an 03 ctd I found for sale without a title(its in another post that only 1 person responded to..thanks guys). Anyway he told me an inspection guy was there a couple days ago and said it was illegal to inspect a truck with stacks unless there was some type of box around them or a stack inside a stack. I dont have stacks but if its true its going to suck for the guys with stacks that cant get there truck inspected.

#2 ·
So the inspector said you must have a heat shield around the stack pretty much?

#3 ·
yes..pretty much...thats how I took it. Im in PA..im sure it varies by state..prob by county like emissions does here.

#4 ·
the way i understand it in PA you should technically have a heat shield in the bed for the stacks...so something like a piece of wood going across the bed at the bottom or even as simple as a toolbox should work....i dont think many inspectors will give you trouble for it though....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.