Cummins Diesel Forum banner

painting the wood

691 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DJ parris 
#1 ·
my 09 laramie will come with the ugly wood grain crap anyone painted them to match the color of the truck if so do they come right off or how do they come off and if you have done it do you have pics

#2 ·
Assuming its like the 07's, the woodgrain on the dash is removed by taking off the entire radio/climate control bezel.

I'm guessing you have the cupholders on the floor, meaning you'll have to remove the cupholder "delete" panel, after taking out the cup holders, and the "winged" panel that mates to the lower part of the dash panel.

After you finally remove the cup holder delete panel, you can access the 2 screws that hold the radio/climate control bezel at the bottom. After those are removed, the panel will pull off as it is held in with clips.

The entire thing can be done with a phillips head screw driver and 5/16" (I think) socket.

If I 'm not mistaken, I think the door panel woodgrain inserts are part of the actual door panel.

Good luck getting rid of those styling "gems" that Dodge gave us.

#3 ·
you can buy new replacements for them at ur local dealer or on ebay for a little money lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.