Cummins Diesel Forum banner

I raced a subaru wrx sti! on video!!

4K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  black beauty 
#1 ·
this guy was talkin all kinds of crap sayin he beats diesel trucks all the time. he wanted to race for money... so we did. its a good thing we got it on tape. i did it for you guys!!! check it out! YouTube - 07 Cummins vs. Subaru Impreza Hatchback

#3 ·
Kinda hard to see, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you're in a Cummins! Nice kill!

#7 ·
nice run. that's a fast truck considering your tires and lift.

#15 ·
all of his lil ganster friends are tryin to find someone to beat me :lol4: i wanted to do it during the day so you all could see but next time ill get a video during the day time...i think the next car is a srt4. and he started off sayin he only raced for 100, but ended up racin for 40, so thats all i won.. got him off the start pretty good

#16 ·
nice. ill be racing an sti next week. this kid thinks he can beat me :lol4:

#23 ·
my buddys 05 was faster than the newer ones, we took it to the track

his fist pass he missed 2 gears and ran a high 15, then ran 13 flat

i took it for 2 passes ran a 13.3 babying it. 2nd pass left the line at around 4 grand and WOT shifts got me a 12.91

#24 · (Edited)
12 second car w/ an all out awd launch. . . .they pull like a high 13/loow 14 sec car after the insta-25mph of awd launch. . . from a roll they are super lame. . .pretty beat for anything but the dirt if ya ask me.

#27 ·
our trucks are better from roll (relative . . . of course stock trucks are slower than hell). . . .especially w/ 2wd. sti's and other ricers close ratio gear boxes gotta be shifted like crazy, we have a lot of useable rpm to stay in gear, at least from a roll. and they don't have 1000 lb ft of torque :party018:

#28 ·
hmmm i have to disagree that the wrx/sti/others aren't that goodf rom a roll. i've ahd several turbo eclipse's, and a wrx all extensively modded. any one of them was fast as from a roll, enough to pull C5 corvettes from 60mph by 4-5 cars up to about 120 . i know it would take serious money to get my truck to be that fast.

#29 · (Edited)
no bolt on sti will remotely come close to a bone stock 6 sp c5 from a roll. . . .you're kidding yourself if you think that. 4-5 cars? sounds like yours must have been extensively modded. anything can be fast. . . . .i dont wanna sound like i'm doggin anyone for their selection of vehicles. . . . .but to think an awd turbo'd car is better than a lighter n/a rwd car is borderline delusion.

#35 ·
yeah extensive is the key word there. i had cams, turbo, fuel system, intercooler, and all the other usual bolt ons plus tuning. :headbang:
with simple exhaust and intake, youre right, no way!

but really, the point im making is that we all know C5's are fast from a roll, and for one of our trucks to take one of those, it would have to be :shock::drool2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.