fender flares on trucks

• yes

Votes: 44 68.8%
  • no

Votes: 20 31.3%

fender flares yes or no

5K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  KMKDIESEL 
#1 ·
ok pulled the fender flares off my truck, bushwacker I think the ones with the bolts going all the way around them, question is you guys think they look better on a truck or a truck with none, I just pulled them off my 07.5 to put them on the 09 but I like the look of them off better I think what do you guys think, also lifted with 37" tires if that makes a difference on looks

#2 ·
fender flares make a truck stand out especially if the two tone is included on the flares :thumbsup:

#3 ·
bump to the top

#6 ·
On a stock truck, NO. If the truck has wheels and tires that stick out past the fenders a ways, YES. I like the looks of flares myself. And they help protect the fenders alittle bit.

#7 ·
im with you, i think my truck looked better without them, had that mean look like stated before. unfortunately i was having way too many rocks hitting my mirrors and the side of my door, so i think with the offset wheels theyre necessary if you drive off road much

#9 ·
i am debating this right now too. i like the mean look with my new rims/tires, but it throws way to much crap all over my truck. i voted no so you can sell them to me :hehe:

#10 ·
i love the look of the tires sticking out...but that cost me 2 mirrors and a front turn signal so now im running flares but my tires just barely stick out past them so i like how it looks now

#12 ·
I wouldn't go without mine. and mine aren't the cool Bushwacker ones like you have with the rivit look! Put them back on!:thumbsup: And I like them to be color matched!

#14 ·
I like them painted to match and on a truck with tires that stick out even with the flares

#16 ·
As others have stated, deep offset wheels look mean without flares!
BUT the tires are also "mean" to the body!
I have to find a set for my truck, the paint is still decent but it won't stay that way after one vacation driving the gravel roads my parents live on!

#17 ·
ya flares that match the truck look good. i left mine black to see what its like but im not sure if im gonna paint them or not...silver truck, black widows, black bug deflector and i have black teflon rims so the black flares dont look to bad....just havent decided whats better, lol

#18 ·
My truck is going into the body shop tomorrow, as I banged up the front end a little. So I just took the flares off my truck, and I really like the look of the stance. But I have to admit that only driving around for half a day, you can see how much more mud, rocks, etc. hit the truck.

I think that when I go to put them back on, I'm going to remove the fake hardware and actually bolt them to the fenders, then have the rockers and flares all linex'd.

When I get the truck back it will be blue paint, no chrome, black wheels, black headlights (euro), and a new black fusion front bumper. :headbang:

#20 ·
as for the paint job either way it ruins it with the big tires, my trucks paint job right now is trashed on the bottom of the bed and doors, my father in law has a little auto body shop so it wont be nothing to paint them just the cost of supplies and I will probably spray them myself if I keep them, if I dont put them on I want to rino line the bottom part of the truck where the line is on the doors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.